Seven (Southern Cross)

Hence all the Coights that have been popping up on MS most recently.

4 Likes

I
HAVE
NO
SON

3 Likes

Thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten. Remember the splits and thinking what a laugh this would be to sustain.

But your parents are on here. They told me.

I see.

2 Likes

5 second version. Text colours interchange at the end.

Was going to say I haven’t seen any of these in Tas yet but one just came on in the break for House Rules followed by a sponsor screen which didn’t have any logo.

During the last ad break we just got a lovely promo about why Melbournians always ask Jane what they need to know about the weather. I think I speak for all Tasmanians when I say, we don’t care what they think, especially when they’re advertising a news service which doesn’t exist down here. It’s been bad enough with TDT doing that since their inception but now the station which has always been keen to show how local they are, now don’t seem so local.

5 Likes

Talk about an identity crisis tonight, earlier they had what I believe is a Seven sponsor ident. If someone has a cap, I can confirm. Then later there was one of the old SC ones but with a Seven logo instead of the star logo. Then a few minutes ago, the star logo one appeared!

2 Likes

As playout is from Canberra, why would they care what you see (sadly).
The electronic active schedule (stack) as supplied from Seven does not detail what promos are in each break. Sometimes Seven will replace an originally scheduled promo with something else with no notice given to affiliates. That is the danger of sitting on a dirty feed.
If you knew how cheaply SC Canberra is run you would run a million miles away from it. Sometimes one person looking after many multiple markets of all 3 incoming commercial networks. There are periods of the day when many channels are not even actively monitored. Just proves there is no money left in regional TV, its days are numbered.

4 Likes

Is there anyone at the Watson studios overnight and on weekends? When I’ve been past the gate has been locked from the outside.

1 Like

Omg! What the hell is the name of your TV station!!!

2 Likes

9NBN?

5 Likes

Anyone watching 7 Central - North?
The “SCTV” logo is back on 7 news tonight

So it is. I didn’t check North when they changed to Seven. Did they drop it originally?

(Apologies for the quality. My test TV has a lot of dead pixels!)

3 Likes

So North had a WM but South never did?

I’m assuming that’s because of the pirates up in the pacific.

I assume that’s why. But South can be picked up overseas too. I guess pirates are more likely to use a NT or Qld address when signing up? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, it was dropped as soon as it changed… No idea what made them to suddnely put it back on. “duel-branding” is great hahaha

1 Like

It’s a bloody mess. Still seeing CSAs, social media accounts and of course news updates with the SC logo. They had at least a month to prepare.

1 Like

I think the biggest thing is whatever has happened between them and Seven. I would imagine had that all gone through and the news etc… that it would have all changed as we saw with sponsorship of events in Tas… since the change I haven’t seen any sponsored events either Southern Cross or 7 now.

If they hadn’t checked properly though about all of this before announcing it then that’s a huge mess.

1 Like