Seven (Southern Cross)

Does SCA require some freelance work for the next two days :laughing::laughing:

Someone forgot to turn the snap tool on :stuck_out_tongue:

I, too, love Microsoft PowerPoint 2007

6 Likes

Another one. Not as bad as that BH&G one.

2 Likes

The moment they shot themselves in the foot.

18 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If SCA can make their own 7 idents, then they can make their own 7 watermark & stop taking the dirty 7 feed.

But then they’d have to spend resources to time the on-air elements. Welcome to SCA.

4 Likes

Remember the turmoil when original licensees sold and ACMA threatened that trigger? Up went the sale signs, I can’t now remember if they were sold to other parties for a brief time until amendments came through to restore the status quo.

To think the regional radio section of SCA once had a mission station claiming they positively embrace change. What a joke now as it then was. Well written @Aurora

Now that it’s obsolete, do you think you can post it? I’d like to see how SC would have progressed if they didn’t adopt the Seven brand.

2 Likes

Their stake in TDT is a separate thing - they can sell it off without selling TNT, or keep it despite selling TNT. The normal rules are you can only own one TV license per market - but TDT and other similar stations are initially allocated under a special clause allowing what would be an breach of that rule.

Nothing was actually changed because they successfully argued in court at the time that the acquisition of the company didn’t count as a trigger event, I would expect because the license itself wasn’t transferred.

An actual license sale would be fairly clear cut, and I’d expect they’d at least try again to invoke the trigger. Obviously the ACMA are very weak, so maybe a lawyer could find a way to structure a sale in such a way that it could be considered to not be a trigger event.

One of the suggested fudges at the time was for SC to sell down to 15%, with WIN owing 85%, but still retaining the 50/50 revenue split.

1 Like

The new look was just a mirror of the current 7 look with arrows. There was also discussion of rebranding 7TWO TO SC Two and 7mate to SC Three. I’ll see what I can dig up.

No, I don’t think that’s correct. Look forward to seeing what you have.

1 Like

Who here actually lives in Tassie, just curious?

1 Like

Is that a loaded question? Will you be making inbreeding jokes?

1 Like

Not that it’s related to the discussion, but I am. Well, actually, it is related. Down here everything is related to everything else!

7 Likes

Cue banjo music.

1 Like

Tassie local here although I confess the extent of my southern cross watching is generally the news and that’s about it.

1 Like

Relax firebreather :point_down:

I do. Fairly certain I’m not related to anyone here.

1 Like

Yes Tasmanian here too, theres a few on here. I do also watch less and less FTA though as well.

1 Like