Seven (Southern Cross)

so now that sct is going to 7 that only leaves prime7 and gwn7 as the only affiliate not to be called 7 wa or 7 vic,nsw

1 Like

60 minute bulletin??? Is this an increase? I thought the Tasmanian bulletin was 30 minutes.

Southern Cross brand will be gone from excistance

It moved to 1 hour when TT finished. Note: that the YouTube videos uploaded only include local stories hence why it’s shorter.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for that clarification!

Another sad day for fans of unique local TV branding, but I guess it was inevitable after the Nine affiliates adopted network-style branding at the July 2016 affliation switch.

One thing that will be interesting to see is whether or not Southern Cross HD in Tasmania (well…I guess Seven Tasmania HD after July 1) finally shows Seven Network programing in native HD. That and whether or not HD/7Flix via SCA Seven eventually gets a wider rollout.

Somehow, I’d imagine that Prime7 & GWN7 might be rebranded as Seven from the next affiliation contract.

4 Likes

Well so far the only new announcement is the rebranding to Seven

The rest is from February when they first announced the resigning of the affiliation agreement

3 Likes

Source?

Different source

5 Likes

A post on the SC Tas news facebook page showing the new brand 7 News Tasmania.

Not surprised as I had a feeling from the new agreement it might happen and hopefully 7flix as well but a little sad as it was one of the best regional brands in the country.

5 Likes

I wonder if they’ll still remain the only watermark-free station in the country?

6 Likes

I’d say probably not. :frowning:

3 Likes

Another notch in Southern Cross’ obvious disinterest in their tv assets. They should just sell out…

So will Prime7 if Seven West Media buys out Prime Television.

What will Jo Palmer say about the Change in Tonight’s Tasmanian Bulletin?

Probably nothing. I reckon they won’t say anything until June 30 although I’ve seen a few straight 7 promos tonight already so they might have already begun the phase in/out of the brands.

1 Like

How boring. Does everything have to sound and look like it’s coming out of Sydney?

I wish we had an proper American-style system when it came to TV…

At least change the f**king logical channel number to match!

5 Likes

Illogical channel number for the regionals.

1 Like

They mentioned it in Tasmania news bulletin:

3 Likes

Ideally, they should’ve pulled a Prime7 and brand as Southern Cross 7 for a year or two to ease the transition. Or even for the full contract, transitioning fully on the next renewal.

2 Likes