Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Fair point, I just saw the repackaged report and pointless live cross on Friday night. I don’t know but as you say he may have hung around for Saturday’s content requirements as well.

1 Like

They’re also lucky that they managed to fly in. Had the Airport been hit as hard as the CBD was that could also have potentially been closed for a while with a cleanup. As it was the Airport received only 40mm of rain in the 24 hours while the CBD received 130mm (with many suburbs getting around 200mm and the run off from the mountain of 230mm+)

1 Like

Rachel Williams will be presenting all week in Tasmania.

1 Like

I recently came across some old Canberra footage that was on a second hand PVR that I bought:

2 Likes

Was there Techincal Difficulties at Southern Cross Tasmania the Reason there Bulletin was’nt Uploaded on Youtube?

1 Like

The logo has also been posted to Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SXNewsTas/status/1004920068965261312

As for the name of the threads on Media Spy, should they become something like “SCA Seven” and “SCA Seven News” after July 1?

11 Likes

The body is not even cold yet! Let us mourn the loss and grieve! Lol

They mention no Tassie job losses, I wonder if there will be some in Canberra now that graphics won’t be redone and editing.

5 Likes

Liking the variations of the logo, wonder if a graphic refresh is in the cards Aus wide

8 Likes

Maybe. Although it’s always sad when people in the media industry lose their jobs, somehow I don’t think too many people on these forums would be mourning the demise of the SCA Canberra graphics department when most of their work over the years has been closer to something you’d expect to see from a student project rather than broadcast-quality graphics! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I doubt it. Southern Cross News Tasmania had a major (and well overdue!) On-Air Presentation relaunch only a couple of months ago, so I’d probably expect them to replace the Southern Cross News logo with the Seven News logo and call it a day.

Also, “Seven News” report signoffs will probably be played intact (and also used by local reporters for brand consistency) once the relaunch happens?

4 Likes

They did a similar thing for when the Gold Coast News launched, I think it’s standard variation of the logo:

https://mediaspy-org-s3.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/optimized/3X/4/6/46662ffc17c80e64b2089cf6c256c5768eb1c7a6_1_690x384.jpg

However, I wonder what the new Seven News Tasmania title-cards will look like? The light-box at the front of the new Set will also have to be changed.

8 Likes

I wonder if the SA bulletin will adopt the current 7news theme from July 1? Also I would assume a graphics refresh from July 1 to tie it in with 7nrws.

2 Likes

I’m currently in Tasmania on holiday and they included a short item on the upcoming name change:

11 Likes

Missed that one when it was on. We’re holidaying in Hobart ourselves so didn’t have my DVR to go back after interruptions. Enjoy your holiday!

2 Likes

They should have done this years ago.

They can now incorporate reports from Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra and Overseas a lot better.

I wonder if we’ll ever see the Seven Network buy out the local station.

4 Likes

My guess is they are lining their ducks up.

5 Likes

Thanks.

Here’s some caps of tonight’s news. Will post videos at a later date (likely when I return home):

7 Likes

one of the rare nights where sport was done from Launceston too.

2 Likes

Terrific set.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who’s sad about SC News Tas becoming 7 News Tas, and presumably the rest of the station moving to generic 7 branding?

Anyone else?? :slightly_frowning_face:

12 Likes

Kinda… the regional variations in Oz is one of the more interesting things about telly over there (coming from Ahn-Zud).

1 Like