Seven (Southern Cross)

SCA has promoted Nathan Soulsby to head of TV sales for its Sydney operation, replacing Kristen Budd who moves to SCA’s Central Coast office as general manager.

1 Like

So thought I’d upload a few caps from one of the adbreaks on SC Tas tonight… can anyone see a problem in any of them?

4 Likes

Looks pretty normal to me. Oh, duuhh, the Nine sponsor. :crazy_face:

That HD PRG looks great. Thought they were still doing graphics in upscaled SD.

2 Likes

Did you see who sponsored things?

1 Like

Bingo!

1 Like

Guys at Watson Canberra, explanation on the stuff-up/blooper?

I will admit, it’s the first time I’ve ever seen that one occur but it did make me take a second glance!

1 Like

Its a surprise that doesn’t happen more often really.

Years ago (would’ve been 2002ish), I saw a Seven ident go to air on SC Ten. The wrong ones do slip through very occasionally. One of the traffic schedulers has probably picked up the wrong file.

1 Like

Yes, bearing in mind SC9 and SCTV are both played out from Watson, and SC9 insert some of their own (albeit Nine-branded) sponsorship stings, this explanation seems likely. Surprising it hasn’t happened more often!!

Which Seven News at 4pm edition does Hobart and Darwin get?

I’m pretty sure that Tasmania & Darwin get the Melbourne edition of Seven’s Afternoon News.

1 Like

Last I heard it was the feed from Sydney. Darwin usually gets a dirty feed from HSV tho.

I could be wrong, but I heard that Southern Cross Tasmania initially continued to air Seven News: First At 4 Sydney (when local versions were introduced to all five metro markets) before switching to the Melbourne version.

Since Darwin airs Seven News Melbourne at 6pm, I just assumed that they’d also run the Melbourne 4pm News.

1 Like

TND (SCTV Seven Darwin) is basically an direct relay of HSV but with local ads. They also take most of the special events from HSV.

Occasionally, you will see some Darwin news on HSV news.

2 Likes

Depends. Some days it’s Sydney, some days it’s Melbourne. Not sure if there is any reason as I rarely watch it.

1 Like

Unless Southern Cross Tasmania launches it’s own Afternoon News, Two Of the Station’s Lesser Known Weather Presenters will Host the show and have a more Tasmanian Based Focus.

Could be a 1/2hr substitute for the end of the Melbourne afternoon news depending on how much international news is included. Or just 1/2hr with a 30minute program covering the other half hour.

Southern Cross Television in Darwin, Spencer Gulf, Broken Hill, Tasmania and Remote Central will rebrand as Seven from July 1.

Under the rebrand Southern Cross Austereo will continue to produce a 60 minute news bulletin for Tasmania titled Seven News Tasmania and 30 minutes for Broken Hill and Spencer Gulf titled Seven Local News.

SCA has renewed its affiliation agreement with the Seven Network for another 3 years.

17 Likes

About time.

2 Likes