Seven Regional

If the 6 pm time slot works very well in Queensland I don’t see any reason why they would change it. More than likely the current regional Queensland news lineup will be applied to the prime NSW and Victoria regions. But not sure about WA, what ever happens in WA 7 could continue with that.

2 Likes

Their 5.30 bulletin works already. Nothing needs to change for the time being.

1 Like

They’d be mad messing with the Sue and Rick formula, too

2 Likes

Imagine GWN News switching master control from Canberra to TVW Perth, and making Gold Coast-styled promos (but with Noel standing side-by-side with Rick and Sue at the regional WA promos). :grin:

4 Likes

I reckon GWN will probably move studio production to TVW in the near future.

Noel would fit in nicely with Sue and Rick. He’s been presenting the same bulletin for 24 years. The longest second longest serving regional news presenter in Australia. Possibly the longest serving solo presenter in all of Australia too?

2 Likes

Rob Brough is, as he has presented bulletins since 1995.

7 Likes

Oh Broughie’s beaten him to it. So close!

1 Like

Regional QLD has
7HD, 7Two HD, and 7mate HD

3 Likes

Even though 7 is technically HD, it’s still named just “7” and has a resolution of 1440x1080i. This kind of resolution is known as “HD Lite” in some parts of the world

DVBV Townsville

8 Likes

Ray Dineen was presenting on NBN for about 36 years.

2 Likes

They’ll be organising a candlelight vigil such is the concern for these iconic station mascots.

“Media sources familiar with the changes said a decision about Prime Possum and other key figures such as Doopa Dog and Fat Cat had not been made”.

8 Likes

NOOOO

2 Likes

Controversial Opinion - drop them.

2 Likes

How dare you!

Some of us are still getting over the disappearance of Humphrey B Bear from our screens.

11 Likes

If anyone comes after Bakana Bilby I’ll kill them.

2 Likes

What did SCA do with The Workers? That seemed like a flash in the pan idea C. 2012

long gone sadly

SCA body count is long

2 Likes

Tell him to wear some pants and he might get another gig

5 Likes

The Prime7 NSW setup has had them at No. 1 for a long time, they’d want to be careful about tinkering. The current arrangement allows for Sydney stories to be omitted at 6.30 in favour of truly statewide stories, and even covering State Parliament with a country lens.

Though if CBN7 simply gets absorbed into ATN, I can’t see them caring all that much.

Depends if they see the Canberra “Television Centre” as an asset or a commodity.

Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast set ups give me hope - but general trends in studio closures and resource cuts might be closer to the reality.