Seven Regional

One day. Not in metro yet tho.

7two and 7mate HD have not been comfirmed for PRIME areas.

Those old video shot episodes of Sons and Daughters won’t look any better in HD.

Seven has applied for the Prime trademark:

4 Likes

Prime didn’t already have it?

2 Likes

Yep they do have it - Trade Mark 636349 | IP Australia | Trade Mark Search

It’s registered to Prime Television (Holdings) Pty Ltd (they’ll have to align the ownership most likely if they want to get their current mark registered)

Looks like new TM they’re applying for is for a significantly expanded goods/services claim which would explain why they’re applying for it

Looks like they applied for it in Jamaica first lol (lawyers do that to get an earlier priority date)

1 Like

Alternatively they may just let the old mark lapse when it comes up for renewal next year

Perhaps Amazon Prime might object to some of the broader classes.

2 Likes

You’d hope they will have considered this beforehand and been able to negotiate with Amazon and get consent to registration

if their lawyers are smart they will be pre-empting this

surely there would’ve been some sort of existing consent between the prime and amazon as they both use the word prime in relation to broadcasting

Why do the have to trade mark the Prime brand if there are rebranding to 7

3 Likes

Good question

if a trade mark is not intended to be used it can be removed from the register for non-use

one would assume they intend to use it (but who knows)

They’re keeping it so they can slap the logo on random products for their Channel 7 merch store that I’m sure has been very successful for them.

4 Likes

maybe they’ll recoup some of the losses from the more unprofitable regional stations by selling t-shirts and flash drives lol

2 Likes

I thought they were getting rid of the prime name

I still maintain the GWN7 crowbar is an untapped goldmine.

3 Likes

Helps stop others from attempting to use it once Seven rebrand

6 Likes

No. I don’t think Darwin has 9rush I think it’s similar with NBN

Back on topic when I read about prime national news at 6 30 pm I think it’s likely to be axed and replaced with the 30 minute version of the metro 7 news bulletin in a similar way to regional Queensland

1 Like

I reckon they’ll just play the metro bulletin at 6 eventually and then have 7 News (Region) at 5:30. Or have an opt-out at say 5:15, run local news for half an hour then come back for the rest of the metro news.

1 Like

Most likely it will. The prime national news could be replaced by the 30 minute version of the metro 7 news bulletin in a similar way to regional Queensland

More likely to be a 5 to 6 minute opt-out during metro 6pm bulletin I reckon 6:35 to 6:41 before rejoining for the sport segment while metro bulletin screens fluffy content and or content specific to the metro market.

1 Like

Would be nice to see it continue though, it’s much nicer than butchering and splicing the metro bulletin.

2 Likes