Seven On-Air Presentation

It’s the 7TWO logo that most needed revamping.

I can’t imagine the orange and ugly CAPITAL letters and awkward layout they will use

If the new 7mate logo is anything to go by, personally I’d prefer it if the current 7TWO logo was left alone.

But of course, I’m sure there’ll be a shocking new 7TWO logo on our screens (My prediction: Something similar to the new Seven Sport logo, but in orange) before overly long!

4 Likes

Holy Christ. I’d say this is the worst rebrand of a multichannel, beating 10 Peach. I don’t know, but I do agree with the dark blue colour looks good.

Just look how awful how the 7maaate fonts look like… (via Australian TV Fan / YT)

7 Likes

Have you seen 10 Peach? Or 10 BOLD? This font is fine.

1 Like

Agreed. Let’s not give them ideas. They will destroy two.

It’s almost as bad as a win adaption of something.

1 Like

Horrific rebrand. Honestly, the worst part is any sort of life has been ripped from the brand. It is lifeless, whereas something called Mate should have a bit of personality. Where is it? It’s flat.

Both of them are much, much better than this rubbish.

19 Likes

Why not just rename the channel 7Derp?

I have when Channel 10 rebranded in 2018… they look kinda negative to me.

No way! Both are worse. It could have better but it’s not that bad. And the old 7mate was a horrendous 70s throwback.

1 Like

I don’t disagree. But somehow, the rebrand is a major backwards step.

1 Like

Bit late here! This re-brand has become a running joke, 7Two and 7flix now very outdated. It’s so messy and taking forever.

The new 7mate logo is disappointing. But the new graphics theme however is nice and now matches the new main channel one. Agree with Bort there.

1 Like

I’m saying it’s a step forward, but to the 2000s. :wink:

I think if they had used the font seen in this graphic for the show, it could have had a fresher, more contemporary look.

2 Likes

So do I, kind of reminds me of Kmart though.

2 Likes

There is no longer a “7mate Sport” watermark in blue, at least in Melbourne, now using the main channel sport watermark.

I think the first time since 2012?

4 Likes

Same in Queensland

7 Likes

And just like that, I have fixed the logo.

21 Likes

Good job :clap:

1 Like

No need to thank me. It took 30 seconds :joy: