Seven On-Air Presentation

I went to 7plus to see the production ender for latest episode of Better Homes and Gardens and it looked like this:

So Motorbike Cops is the first show to have the new production ender.

3 Likes

No HD watermark on Channel 70 in Melbourne during the opening segment of tonight’s AFL finals telecast, nor during the match.

3 Likes

They didn’t last night either.

1 Like

Looks very much like the old school Netflix intro

Yeah, saw that.

Does anyone know if the HD watermark disappeared in other 7 areas? (eg; Adelaide, Perth).

1 Like

Does NPC control play outs for Racing.com?

Yes perth

2 Likes

We’ll never know anything 100% unless someone works at BCM or NPC and kindly let’s us MS folk know :wink: Or a journo bothers to extensively do an interview about it or ask a publicist. Or someone goes into either building for a tour.

I do find it hard to believe every single aspect at BCM would be totally shut down / de-constructed, I mean transition is gradual and it took an eternity just to launch NPC after the initial announcement in early 2018.

Some crucial presentation execs / staff may very well have been kept at Docklands with their necessary systems still operaring, linked to NPC. Same goes for some other play-out things, including certain transmissions.

Who knows, we can only presume.

2 Likes

Based on my experience, BCM will be a ghost town by now. Or next month, depending on how long they give the shadow period.

NPC would’ve been ‘offline shadowing’ for a few weeks so that they could compare how things worked… that would’ve been when those streams appeared in another thread here… then they switch over and NPC’s running the show with BCM offline shadowing.

Then BCM shuts down, usually at the end of the day shift… with the last one out turning off the lights.

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t they shadow the most important and watched time of the day - primetime?

I would expect 6am-10.30pm to be shadowed.

1 Like

Racing .com is produced at AFL HQ. The feed is then sent to Seven (previously BCM, now NPC) for inclusion in transmission feeds and to be on-fed to regionals.

3 Likes

After the four week handover, it’s time to cut the cord.

1 Like

NPC still having some teething problems with Seven.

-Classification error at the start of “Remember the Titans” tonight on 7mate. “PG” warning with consumer advice aired, then a few seconds later a “G” bug next to the “CC” aired. Whoops :thinking:

-EPG still having issues, with multi-channels not starting on time (unlike with BCM when they’d be spot on), even with no live over-runs. Seems they’ve stopped adjusting EPG too, except for main channel which I noticed they adjusted on Friday night real time during AFL.

-Noticed a few promo and ad play out problems too.

I suppose not everything will be 100% again, but hopefully it’s picked up on.

1 Like

Since the switchover the EPG only showing advertised times. Only now/next is updated.

2 Likes

As Seven’s EPG always has…

(But I think you were replying to my comment about how it looked as thoigh the initial days of NPC they were adjusting the EPG live?)

No the EPG used to show actual times but they don’t anymore (in Syd at least) except for the now/next times.

Okay, I’m a bit confused now

Edit

Oh, wait, you mean like I also pointed out, that when a program wasn’t live with over-run it’d always start spot on scheduled EPG time (to the minute or even second - as one of my TVs shows)?

And now it doesn’t, seemingly out of whack by a few minutes or more (give or take)?

I think he means that when a program falls into the ‘next’ slot, its start time is updated to reflect a late schedule change. But programs beyond the ‘next’ slot aren’t until they become the ‘next’ program.

It makes sense to me because I know now & next data is handled differently to the 7-day data, at least on satellite anyway. Two different tables that sometimes conflict if not handled properly.

4 Likes

Thanks for that, I didn’t realise there was a difference