Seven On-Air Presentation

Maybe. But in a good transition you shouldn’t be able to notice (apart from presentation changes - like updated watermarks). Well, we noticed (i.e.) play-out errors, etc

I think it’s unreasonable to expect a seamless transition for anything involving computers and automation. There will always be something the humans setting it up overlook / forget / don’t consider.

And the automation will just do what it’s told.

8 Likes

And sometimes despite all the planning and testing imaginable, some bugs can still only come out of the woodwork after going live. I know from experience :worried:

9 Likes

Exactly. Who could ever forget some of the major stuff-ups which happened during the early days of MediaHub?

1 Like

I’ve been told :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Here is a comparison of the Video + Audio stats from 7HD Brisbane for the upcoming AFL Finals series before + after their playout switch to NPC! Pre NPC was from 11 Aug & post NPC on 23 Aug. Apart from the upgrade to 5.1 Audio, there has been a slight increase in video bitrate which is always welcome!

6 Likes

AFL scoreboard watermark during ad breaks is more opaque and sharp, like the main channel watermark, also looks marginally different. @TV.Cynic @WAtvVideos (I’m not able to cap HD).

Also, the Seven Sport HD watermark looks identical as before.

Seems the Seven broadcast staff who moved from BCM to Sydney or at least have been involved in the change-over have done a good job at keeping everything relatively the same, while introducing some subtle additions/changes,

1 Like

I don’t think Prime does the commercial break scoreboard.

1 Like

No HD for AFL in QLD

2 Likes

Shouldn’t NPC change the sport watermarks? They’re still staked! Doesn’t look consistent now.

3 Likes

New PRG for the main channel since the switch to NPC (similar to multi channels posted above).

Disclaimer: I am not really watching this movie, I just happened to stumble across the new PRG and couldn’t help myself but post! :blush:

7 Likes

“Paralympics” (presumably for their new swimming contract) logo add-on to today’s Seven Sport watermark, but unusually no “HD” add-on.
As seen during the VFL now, and probably later during the AFL.

1 Like

It’s because today marks one year to the opening ceremony of Tokyo Paralympic Games, which will be on Seven.

5 Likes

It was on during Mrs Doubtfire, so maybe that was the first time it appeared?

1 Like

It’s been on for most of the week hasn’t it?

New PRGs now adding-on, such as “premiere” (for a movie in the 1st promo line) and 2nd line promoting another movie for another night. This PRG occurs in all programs on all Seven channels following the second last ad break.

“next”

“8:30pm tomorrow”

NB/ It’s all looking very much like the former Seven presentation of pre-2015.

4 Likes

Perth spyiers what’s this new show called "Quarterback"coming soon

New Seven Studios production ender and a new entity created Seven Studios Pty Ltd (?). Seen at the end of S2 premiere of “Motorbike Cops” tonight

Previously known as Seven Network (Operations) Ltd (?)

10 Likes

“IT: Chapter 2” movie theatre sponsor billboard, with the ‘7 TV man’ screaming and running away with one of Pennywise’s red baloons. Seen on 7mate last night. Extended TV spot for the movie also seen at the end in split-screen.

5 Likes

NPC shrunk the AFL final screen to show the Powerball results groahic with a deep blue cloour border/boxed with a flickering candle burning… Looked weird tbh.

1 Like