Seven On-Air Presentation

7 seem to prefer to evolve their presentation rather than totally refresh. Probably also keeps things familiar for the viewer while giving it a fresher look.

5 Likes

Because their audience is so old they can’t easily adapt to change :joy:

What a fallacy!

They have more younger viewers than Ten.

5 Likes

AFLW themed full screen and Deeksy V/O ‘channel change’ board at 7pm on 7mate in Melbourne, a movie commended immediately after. In-line with main channel after Seven News.

Promo in 2nd line of PRG on 7mate for a main channel movie tomorrow night.

These now air much less than they used to, but only on main channel, 7Two and 7mate after the 2nd last ad break of a program, sometimes more though

1 Like

New promo style?

20 Likes

I really like this. Just hate their PRGs, way too intrusive and bulky.

2 Likes

7Two promo in 2nd line of PRG on main channel

Yep, as you can see here, they’re not great are they.

2 Likes

I don’t understand this. If there was a solid big box background behind it maybe I could understand a “bulky” claim. It has no background whatsoever and you can actually see what’s behind the graphic unlike say Nine’s one.

It’s also more readable than Ten’s which like their classification advice would be harder to read because of how tiny they are.

5 Likes

I wasn’t the original comment on that, just added my thoughts.

Was mainly agreeing, due to (in this example) the next looks mis-aligned. Also they’re a bit bland I guess, not as creative as other networks, even 10’s looked better a decade ago.

I do however like Seven’s PRG in terms of the 2nd line promos.

I think these are the best on television mostly because they are the least intrusive. I hate the ones in solid boxes.

2 Likes

The new SBS ones might rival them there.

1 Like

I wasn’t being specific. The standard Now PRGs are fine. It’s the promo graphics (i.e MRK 8.30 Monday) which seem to be getting bigger on screen. Not sure if anyone has a screen grab of what I’m talking about.

1 Like

Again, why does Seven use “new” in the promo for the movie “Fury”? It aint :thinking:

Did the same for “Predator” last week. Both these films have previously aired and on Seven…

4 Likes
2 Likes

Seven had a 5sec notice (full screen promo with V/O) in Melbourne as soon as Seven News finished, saying tonight the AFL starts now and Home and Away starts now over on 7Two.

And about 5min into the AFL telecast, a pop-up graphic saying “switch now to 7Two” for Home and Away,

I believe the same was done around 7:30pm for “Better Homes: Gardens of the World”.

—

Edit
@TV.Cynic @Abesty @WAtvVideos look out for Brisbane, Sydney, Perth versions

Oh no, the “:heart: of 7 is Melb” ads are back again!

2 Likes

The :heart:7 Melbourne ident has been modified with new scenes.

Also, the AFL themed sponsor billboard is back to the 2012(?)-2017 style. They had a different one last year with a different background.

3 Likes

Haha LOL we both commented the same thing at the same time :joy:

1 Like

The scoreboard watermark during ads ‘glows’ (like a flash) when the score is updated.

3 Likes

Seven seem to have abandoned the “tom” and “ton” abbreviations last year in promos…

But sadly they returned in the PRGs :pensive:

1 Like