Seven On-Air Presentation

Program promotion in PRG for another channel (seen on 7Two just after 9:30pm), for Christmas Vacation Christmas night

3 Likes

Just saw a local christmas ident on Seven Melbourne with the Melbourne news team.

1 Like

It’s airing regularly today. Says ‘Seasons Greetings’ at the end with the Melbourne news team and the Seven logo with a christmas hat on it.
Is this airing elsewhere? I don’t anticipate that it would be.

Seven’s 2019 promo just aired during Melbourne’s NYE coverage. I think it has state editions because the clip shown tonight features Peter Mitchell and Mike Amor.

1 Like

Yep, the Mike Amor and Jane Bunn version just showed on 7 Tasmania with the tagline “Melbourne’s Favourite”.

I reckon there’ll be a Tassie version soon, hopefully. They seem pretty good at getting them around.

Was it like a Seven News promo or more of a promo/ident promoting Seven and its programs as a whole?

All 7 programs, home and away to the chase to cricket etc… I’ll upload later today if nobody else does.

4 Likes

Did noone manage to cap or record it :frowning: I nearly did, but thought regular MS Melb cap members would be all over it.

It was a flashy, colorful, prolonged promo (still using the ‘arrow’ theme), with all the usual suspects.

At the very end, a “7” logo on a white screen with a cheeky but true tag-line:

Melbourne’s favourite

1 Like

Bit of a revival of the rainbow colour scheme for Seven:

16 Likes

And a 3D logo right out of 2009. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

My god that’s revolting.

Hope the rest of the promo was a little slicker.

Melbourne promo during NYE show.

9 Likes

That style might’ve looked cool on Nine about five or six years ago, but not so much on Seven in 2019.

A pity that I wasn’t recording Seven to see a local version of the promo for Sydney - presumably they would’ve had to run with “Australia’s Favourite” in this market? Because we all know who “Sydney’s Favourite” TV network actually is, and it’s not Seven! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We’ve been saying a lot that Nine should be moving away from the 3D gloss - its seriously getting dated now.

Bad move from Seven if they are indeed moving to a glossy logo.

5 Likes

Not to much of a change if it indeed is a change in graphics package but who knows

This may be the Peronis talking but I don’t mind that promo. The Cash Cow is such an udderutilised talent at Seven.

2 Likes

I’m getting 2004 vibes…

To be honest I don’t mind it too much. In fact, I like it. It’s something different and fresh since 2016, while taking some elements from the current look, and even the 2000-2003 On-Air Presentation with the heavy use of colour. I had a feeling we would see more colour due to the Miss Fisher’s MODern Mysteries promo. Wonder if Perth got a local version…

That music is pretty good too.

3 Likes

Confirmation there that both Adriano Zumbo and Rachel Khoo are back for Zumbo’s Just Desserts.

2 Likes

I like the idea of it. Love the use of colour.
The lack of any voiceover is a bit disappointing.
Looks like they have tired to take inspiration from Tens new package too. The whole “throwing the logo around” and the icing on it etc.

Didn’t like the swiping finger on the news but though… took away the credibility

Overall better than what I’ve seen but the glossy is a bit dated.

4 Likes

Having grown up through Nine’s era of over-produced Still The One promos at new year, I’ve not found much to like in current day efforts but I thought this one from Seven was a good promo. The gloss on the logo is fine IMO. Though it’s not going to make me watch any of those shows (except Zemiro and ATN)

2 Likes