Seven On-Air Presentation

Promise this’ll be the last one for a while…

There’s Something About Mary promo 7mate

There’s Something About Mary promo main channel

Actor name graphics were different colour, otherwise same visuals but different end-tag.

3 Likes

Ad break line-up error at MediaHub? 7Two sponsor billboard (orange colour with light hearted former Sunrise music) aired on 7flix (final ad break at end of 6pm Seinfeld episode).

Off shore? What has moved?

1 Like

TVT reported a network had outsourced its traffic dept to Mumbai. It didn’t say which one.

Edit; Sorry, it was Manila.

2 Likes

I would be surprised if it was a major network, although at the same time maybe cost cutting which we know Seven have been in and they’re undergoing major operational/structural changes with play-out.

Can we have a clarification on what “traffic” is? Is it literally just the people in broadcasting who line-up all the feeds (promos, ads, etc) for each market?

traffic is the department responsible for generating the “playlist” which presentation then run through across the day generating what you see go to air. (program, promo, ad, ad, ad, promo, program) etc.

3 Likes

Some stylised promo caps

Bridget Jones’s Diary (no 7mate version made for some markets)

TMNT: Out Of The Shadows (Melbourne)

Sister Act 2 (Melbourne)

Richie Rich

Presumed Innocent (network premiere)

3 Likes

Some more…

Sister Act 2 (main channel version)
Screenshot_20180901-185748_7plus

Spy (also had “first time on 7”. Another 20C Fox pick-up from Ten)
Screenshot_20180901-224727_7plus

Fast & Furious 7mate
Screenshot_20180901-205347_7plus

National Treasure 2 7flix
Screenshot_20180901-191438_7plus

Cocktail 7flix
Screenshot_20180901-211615_7plus
Screenshot_20180901-214617_7plus

2 Likes

7mate promo with some humour, ha… ha… Not :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Their ‘humorous’ male V/O adding to that more.

Father’s Day, AFAIK, is synonymous with family and love? Not kidnaping, revenge and murder!

Taken 2

2 Likes

They’re referring to the demo who would likely watch such a film, not linking its themes to those of the holiday.

1 Like

Apparently Seven aired a promo saying “Take me Out stars tomorrow” during an ad break tonight. Whoops :upside_down_face:

Wasn’t sure where to put this, but I just saw an ad on Seven HD in prime time for a 7Plus only show. Haven’t seen that before.

3 Likes

Life Sentence is shown on the main channel as well. - Monday and Tuesday late.

1 Like

“For the first time, mate is bringing you all three movies”

Night At The Museum “trilogy” promo

2 Likes

Sweet Home Alabama (no 7mate version made for some markets)

Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason (no version made for 7mate in some markets)

The Ant Bully

Fallen

2 Likes

Perth finally has it own :heart:️7 promo

2 Likes

It is more in-line with the National variants, or is it a localized production from Seven Perth? They seem to have a tendency sometimes making their own versions of nation-wide promos rather than using the same format that the other states use.

Had both state and national involvement

4 Likes

Pretty sure 99% of promos come from Sydney Martin Place promotions department where their head of the department is based who claimed on his LinkedIn they make “hundreds of seperate promos per week” or something ridiculous like that.

Even the AFL or very Melbourne ones, Adelaide and Perth too I’d say.

Only John Deeks (V/O) is Melbourne based. The others all Sydney based AFAIK. No doubt all 5 metro stations have a room and staff capable of making or editing local promos, especially at BCM or very late notice, but majority are network ones.

network promotions have always been centralised. you can always tell a locally made promo by it’s tweaked graphics, different style etc.

For example, I remember a decade ago Nine Perth couldn’t animate the lower third super for the date and time… so it stayed on or faded off.

1 Like