Seven On-Air Presentation

3 Likes

14 Likes

Nothing too exciting really, just a localised version (don’t worry Brisbane/Adelaide/Perth, if it isn’t already I’m sure a relevant version of this will be on screen eventually) of the “:heart:7 MELB” campaign launched in the Southern capital last month:

Somehow, I can imagine the free to air TV network Sydney actually loves (judging by the ratings) outdoing this effort before overly long

6 Likes

Here’s the love 7 QLD indent/promo

13 Likes

Still to be seen in perth

You guys dodged a bullet there

6 Likes

As @OnAir said the other week, we need less of this stuff, not more.

Just seeing the Melbourne one now as I’m typing :roll_eyes:

–

No promos for “The Queen” on 7Two in Melbourne.

Usually Seven make channel specific ones for the same program (as in they just change the channel logo). Example: 7mate on Friday and Saturday nights in Melbourne and Adelaide.

1 Like

[Citation needed^]

^ And no, simply referencing the 6pm news ratings isn’t sufficient for such a claim

2 Likes

Other version of this round’s AFL promo featured awful mocks of the royals, including the iconic “mateeeeeeeee” at this moment:

:persevere:

4 Likes

When it came to 6pm-midnight shares (is that good enough?) both on a main channel and network basis in the Sydney market, Nine were comfortably ahead of and increased their share against Seven in 2017 the last I checked.

Admittedly I’m not so sure how the local ratings are going this year
or how things are across a more comprehensive time period. That’s something I admittedly would be very interested to know, but probably won’t anytime soon due to the understandable OzTAM data restrictions and it being cost prohibitive to access comprehensive data. If Seven are currently outrating Nine in the Sydney market, then I’m not going to argue with the facts.

In any case, I’d say the “:heart:7” promo campaign is fairly unimaginative and poor regardless of what network is running it. As per the reference made when the Melbourne versions first came out, the concept is basically a slightly different Channel Seven version of the “We :heart: TV” promos on Nine from 2008 (which if I remember correctly, were widely criticised by Media Spy at the time) with the only major difference being a slightly better song choice than Nine’s reworked version of “You Better Smile”.

2 Likes

Omg :roll_eyes:

Fanboy alert. :joy:

1 Like

Not sure I have seen this posted: Star Wars themed

8 Likes

I like the idents. They’re corny, but exactly what network TV should be focusing on. Localism is their point of difference over online.

11 Likes

I have a big problem with these idents though, at least in Brisbane. They are very rarely seen and don’t match the rest of the station branding. To be effective and connect with the local audience every ident and promo needs to have a local tag. I’m of course looking to the past when “love you Brisbane” was part of the Seven station identity and a part of the majority of on-air branding - either visually or via the theme music. I really can’t see what difference a 30 second local ident makes when it only runs once or twice a day (just once in prime time) and doesn’t tie in with the rest of the station brand.

Nine does the same thing: at some random point during the day there is a chance of seeing a “Love this city” local Brisbane ident that apart from a blue Nine logo has no similarity to anything else seen on the station.

5 Likes

Something I’m sure you’ve all been patiently waiting to see - a 1 Minute Version of the “:heart:7 SYD” Promo/Ident:

5 Likes

BCM seeming a bit lazy lately, as surely if it keeps happening you wouldn’t call it an error or mistake.

Promo for Iron Man 3 on 7mate aired in Sydney during last ad break before end of news, when the movie is actually airing on the main channel :confused:

Adelaide’s version of :heart:7

13 Likes

A much better looking version IMO. Probably helps in the fact that Seven wins in Adelaide.

1 Like

Here’s a 40 second version of the ‘Love 7 Adelaide Indent/Promo’

2 Likes