Seven On-Air Presentation

That’s weird. It’s a small one, too. Did they change it to the small one for normal classification supers?

How bad is the switching to ad breaks during the NFL this morning. Seven consistently letting through a few seconds of US adds each break.

5 Likes

Really hate the Super Bowl 2023 slide out of breaks… clashes with the constant mentions of Super Bowl 57 (and Super Bowl LVII on-screen) from the Fox broadcast.

3 Likes

Caught this T-Mobile ad on Seven Network during the Super Bowl.

5 Likes

Is it normal for them not to get a clean feed for an event like this?

I think Seven could have let the trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy 3 to stay on air - unless Walt Disney Australia has something to say (e.g. different release date for Australia)?

They’ve got paying sponsors for spots. They don’t get anything from the US ads.

2 Likes

There’s so many reasons that Seven wouldn’t and couldn’t play a US commercial including that they are not getting paid. And yes the release date in a day later in the US.

10 Likes

Normal when it’s coming out of the States. Their networks and sports don’t generally provide clean/world feeds - an exception would be the World Series which MLB has done a world feed for in the recent past (not sure if they still do).

I’m not sure the presentation director is worried about the content, more the need to get it off air ASAP.

7 Likes

And pres isn’t done internally anyway

1 Like

If it’s the same process as what Ten did back when they had the NFL, our Fox Super Bowl feed is essentially a dirty KTTV Los Angeles feed.

These used to slip through either an NFL or NCAA football game back on the One days.

4 Likes

7 took the KNBC feed for last year’s Super Bowl in LA

3 Likes

I’d assume that they don’t have a cable box connected anymore :joy:

3 Likes

Anyone elses CH7 Strobing at the moment? 7 Melbourne is going nuts.

Are you having a stroke? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe your tv?

1 Like

The MLB still do - and actually, the NFL still do too (they partner with NEP on it with their own cameras, they did post a commentator list for it too). SBS used to take it when they had it - but with Seven already having the links to get games out of the CBS and Fox affiliates for the regular season, there’s little point making extra effort to get the world feed (I don’t know whether that’d extend to an NBC-hosted Super Bowl given they don’t normally take Sunday nights, but no reason why they couldn’t I imagine since they’d need it for playoffs).

Although the NFL world feed set up would be a lot more ad-hoc than, say, MLB (who do cover some regular season games domestically) - NFL Network only cover a few games a year themselves, such as the London games and some late-season Saturday ones… Thursday night is with Amazon Prime now and even that continues the prior NFL Network “TNF” tradition of having a major network produce it for them.

Incidentally, covering up the US ads is why Seven has that NFL re-join graphic every time they come from an ad break, since the US media breaks tend to go for 2’05" rather than just a flat two minutes.

1 Like

You mean the NFL Network feed? I believe Spark in NZ took it this year. It’s rather soulless IIRC

2 Likes

That’s why Seven chooses to take the FTA feed.

Saw this at the start of L&O on 7flix earlier this evening, pushing Idol:

Seems very bland and generic, like an MCR operator at NPC Media has manually typed and inserted it, wouldn’t they normally do an animated pop-up?

2 Likes