Seven On-Air Presentation

It appears 7Bravo is being run like a cable or svod channel, WA TV Videos might’ve been onto something when he said are NBC-U controlling or at least having play-out input, not to mention the completely different presentation, in-line more with Bravo.

While the watermark is very similar to Seven’s, the classification warning (which is also taking ACB consumer advice like e.g. Netflix rather than in-house Seven censors), CC bug and PRG are all also completely different.

Also, had a brief look at Law & Order on 7flix for the first time, they’re in 16:9 re-masters, looks like the same print as early-mid 2000s DVD and TV re-runs (SVU). All 7flix presentation is still the same from what I could tell.

1 Like

And it was much the same when they had the Food Network channel, so it’s hardly a new thing for Seven to do where they’re using a partner’s brand.

Just noticed during today’s racing that Sydney sometimes gets a split screen for ad breaks including this news update.

But not in Queensland.

6 Likes

Was the coverage delayed into Brisbane?

Queensland had live coverage - the caps are from the same time.

2 Likes

Confirmed: “It’s not an internal Seven setup. NBCUniversal have gone about putting the schedule together – they are the expert with this content."

2 Likes

I assume the actual ads are full screen in Sydney?

Adverts were windowed as well. It was only for some ad breaks.

4 Likes

7 Newcastle also did it?

Idol Channel Change message

4 Likes

I hate when they do things like this on their multichannels.
Just seems like pretty a desperate ratings grab and just turns viewers of their own channels.
People shouldn’t feel guilty for watching their old favs.

From a commercial standpoint, I think it’s pretty rich to still sell ad spots on a channel that you’re actively trying to turn people away from.

3 Likes

Promo… For an encore (must be desperate!)

1 Like

They are desperate but how is this encore any different to other reality show encores they have done?

3 Likes

I meant bothering with a promo

1 Like

“Up next” promos appear fairly consistently in prime time, no?

2 Likes

Of course, but I just thought it odd they’d bother to make one for an encore, that probably nobody was going to watch anyway, I guess those traffic/ingest operators at presentation or playout have a keen eye for promo etc gaps!

I will note though, a few years back too, Seven at least have dialed-down their overall promos, with “next” not really being used for 7mate and 7flix anymore for non-regular programming, such as movies and first runs. As as others have commented, a lot of their PRGs have also vanished, after some years ago getting rid of promoting upcoming shows etc in them. I guess redirecting budgets.

Also individual and smaller markets like Perth (who get alternate programming in their prime time over summer and tonight when BBL finished hours before).

Experts at putting a late night talk show on at 3:30 in the afternoon?

yes and as noted in other thread just recently, these “next” promos are exempt from being counted against the non-program quota allowed each hour. So they are a good friend to the networks.

2 Likes

The PG classification bug is stuck on 7Bravo at the moment (E! Grammy’s Red Carpet as at 7pm) @TV.Cynic

1 Like

3 Likes