Seven On-Air Presentation

I still think they should use the white logo on red background more often, even though they used it years ago. Looks so much fresher.

16 Likes

The refresh is fantastic. How about they use it on their news brands 7News, Sunrise and Morning show.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’d call it fantastic. I like parts of it, but for me it’s very busy… especially when you start incorporating the brand and graphic identities individual show titles, it’s a lot to take in.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t mind the refresh, it actually looks quite nice in general.
But:

• How the text looks for [7] two, mate and flix is quite annoying - it’s too flat!

• And the Seven News theme is messy…

5 Likes

AFLW and Feb 1 promos:

7 Likes

Noticed at the end of tonight’s 7pm Border Security repeat (aired in Perth only), they were running the original master tape from 16 years ago (a S2 ep by the looks of it), with their staple ‘red box - split screen’ and even still had the “next week” promo in the top half voiced by Grant Bowler. From 2005.

If this was aired nationally, Seven would’ve edited it to just cut to the current “Seven Studios” (or whatever) ender as we often see on weekends before the news or if in prime time or on a multi-channel, edit the split screen to the current ‘grey’ one and a latest promo. Clearly being slack as it only went into one market and a smaller market, as well as being a filler.

Also, Seven again like previous summers, not bothering to air promos for multi-channel movies, especially if not airing nationally. But they still air for the main channel, including Perth’s differing main channel schedule.

2 Likes

Is that a new male announcers voice on some promos?

1 Like

I notice that when watching this week’s episodes of Holey Moley, the signpost to shows on 7TWO and 7mate as well countdown to the next show on main channel had disappeared. Seven was the only network to introduce a countdown which served no real purpose.

1 Like

It seems to come and go, usually only on main channel before the 8:30pm / 9pm show.

1 Like

Seven end of movie split screen used on 7mate tonight at the end of “Rampage”, sponsor tie-in for theatrical release of Godzilla vs Kong

5 Likes

New Seven Sport AFL sponsor billboard? IMO yuck, what even!

Adelaide get their own tailored BH&G promo including V/O

5 Likes

Why didn’t they use the wide SPORT typeface?

4 Likes

I’ve noticed SA and WA times on several AFL promos in addition to AEDT here in Qld, but no AEST for Qld.

4 Likes

New production ender too

7 Likes

These graphics would have worked quite well with the diagonal News graphics they had around 7/8 years ago?

6 Likes

Why add black to the mix? Should be shades of blue.

3 Likes

Looks to american with the color selection

3 Likes

So have seven already dropped the on air look they introduced last year? Ditched all the animations and logo unlocks and just have the triangles in the corners?

2 Likes

Probably trying to stick to the darker sports theme they’ve been using for years. Doesn’t contrast well with the blue/white/red angles though.

7 Likes

A graphic style I’ll expect for an NFL broadcast or something.

2 Likes