Seven On-Air Presentation

They are desperate but how is this encore any different to other reality show encores they have done?

3 Likes

I meant bothering with a promo

1 Like

“Up next” promos appear fairly consistently in prime time, no?

2 Likes

Of course, but I just thought it odd they’d bother to make one for an encore, that probably nobody was going to watch anyway, I guess those traffic/ingest operators at presentation or playout have a keen eye for promo etc gaps!

I will note though, a few years back too, Seven at least have dialed-down their overall promos, with “next” not really being used for 7mate and 7flix anymore for non-regular programming, such as movies and first runs. As as others have commented, a lot of their PRGs have also vanished, after some years ago getting rid of promoting upcoming shows etc in them. I guess redirecting budgets.

Also individual and smaller markets like Perth (who get alternate programming in their prime time over summer and tonight when BBL finished hours before).

Experts at putting a late night talk show on at 3:30 in the afternoon?

yes and as noted in other thread just recently, these “next” promos are exempt from being counted against the non-program quota allowed each hour. So they are a good friend to the networks.

2 Likes

The PG classification bug is stuck on 7Bravo at the moment (E! Grammy’s Red Carpet as at 7pm) @TV.Cynic

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s weird. It’s a small one, too. Did they change it to the small one for normal classification supers?

How bad is the switching to ad breaks during the NFL this morning. Seven consistently letting through a few seconds of US adds each break.

5 Likes

Really hate the Super Bowl 2023 slide out of breaks… clashes with the constant mentions of Super Bowl 57 (and Super Bowl LVII on-screen) from the Fox broadcast.

3 Likes

Caught this T-Mobile ad on Seven Network during the Super Bowl.

5 Likes

Is it normal for them not to get a clean feed for an event like this?

I think Seven could have let the trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy 3 to stay on air - unless Walt Disney Australia has something to say (e.g. different release date for Australia)?

They’ve got paying sponsors for spots. They don’t get anything from the US ads.

2 Likes

There’s so many reasons that Seven wouldn’t and couldn’t play a US commercial including that they are not getting paid. And yes the release date in a day later in the US.

10 Likes

Normal when it’s coming out of the States. Their networks and sports don’t generally provide clean/world feeds - an exception would be the World Series which MLB has done a world feed for in the recent past (not sure if they still do).

I’m not sure the presentation director is worried about the content, more the need to get it off air ASAP.

7 Likes

And pres isn’t done internally anyway

1 Like

If it’s the same process as what Ten did back when they had the NFL, our Fox Super Bowl feed is essentially a dirty KTTV Los Angeles feed.

These used to slip through either an NFL or NCAA football game back on the One days.

4 Likes

7 took the KNBC feed for last year’s Super Bowl in LA

3 Likes