Seven On-Air Presentation

7 Perth has started showing a Christmas promo featuring Rick,Sue,Basil,Anglea,Sam and Monica
I can’t remember the last time perth did there own Separate Christmas promo

2 Likes

That still exists?

Just spotted an ident “Thank you for making us #1 for a decade” with various network personalities.

Hopefully someone can upload/cap shortly.

Notable absence: Bruce McAvaney

1 Like

I thought i was quite a good little promo.

1 Like

Christmas message/ident from Seven Brisbane

6 Likes

Last night Adelaide’s Carols by Candlelight was broadcast on 7 Adelaide, only the second time in recent memory. For years, 7 stopped showing this annual event other than a short clip in the 6pm news until 2014 when they attempted to broadcast it live. There were many technical issues with the live broadcast, so I don’t blame them for not giving it another go last year.

This year, the 2 hour concert was recorded one day prior to the broadcast. It was edited down to fit into a 2 hour block with ads. The Christmas Network was brought in who also do Carols in the Domain (an activeTV brand if I’m not mistaken?) and, being in the crowd, I did notice a higher presence of television cameras (both fixed and roaming), more creative angles and a mammoth autocue like at The Domain. The broadcast graphics had sponsor logos on a bauble going into a break just like Sydney has done for years.

The first couple of pics aren’t from the broadcast (though that should be obvious!) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Seven - Australia’s Number One for 10 years promo - starts with a few images from the Desperate Housewives/Lost era but it is mainly about their 2017 line-up. This is Brisbane version (Bill McDonald pops up for a second).

8 Likes

Also a first look at “Murder Uncovered” with Michael Usher:

3 Likes

Channel Nine called and want their graphic designer back :smirk:

2 Likes

Nice promo. But Yummy Mummies? …Yucky more like it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Nice touch with the Desperate Housewives and Jack off of LOST on there, they were the two shows which basically made Seven number one.

4 Likes

Great promo!
I agree. Great to see them include the shows that took them to the top!

1 Like

Sydney version of the hybrid Australia’s #1/New in 2017 promo:

Now, I wonder how long it will take for Nine to point out that Seven was not the #1 rating network locally in Australia’s biggest city this year in a “Sydney’s #1” promo…

3 Likes

I’ve seen this airing in Regional QLD featuring Rob Brough in the 7 News segments, and the end tag as “Mackay’s Number 1” instead of “Australia”

2 Likes

In Bundaberg it finishes with “WideBay’s Number 1”.

1 Like

Seven - sponsored by Big Bash :slight_smile:

9 Likes

TV sponsorship seemed like a bit of a closed club! Seven also sponsored by tennis. I wonder if tennis will sponsor Ten’s Big Bash coverage.

8 Likes

Interesting anecdote over Christmas thanks to Seven’s current promo series.

A (distant) relative who said she won’t be able to watch the tennis this year as they don’t get all the channels in her area of regional Australia. And channel they don’t get?: 201. :neutral_face:

11 Likes

Haha that’s a good one.

1 Like

Not distant enough by the sound of it.

6 Likes