Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Groan. The moment Seven do this (if they do), up will go the ratings of the Nine metro bulletin on WIN.

If they air the bulletin at 5:30pm then people like me would watch the bulletin and Nine News.

What’s the difference to audience in Townsville, or Cairns, or Rockhampton etc if the bulletin is presented from Sunshine Coast or Brisbane?

3 Likes

Exactly!!
Did Mackay viewers bemoan 7QLD when what was formerly produced and presented in Mackay shifted to Maroochydore?

2 Likes

Why would Seven kill off their lead in to the 6pm metro bulletin with what would essentially be a local council and ambulance chasing news 22 minute roundup with lots of useless colour and light padding out in Canberra? Pass, waste of time and money with no revenue gain, rather, revenue loss. Leave The Chase as is 5pm to 6pm. There are enough other local news sources that are non-FTA. The economics of FTA do not allow for old thinking regional news services anymore. Morse so with the stupidity of Aggregation, as there was never going to ever be 3, let alone 2, and in some cases no competing regional news services. The economics never stacked up as regional operators were starved of funds so as to pay affiliation fees. Best to leave FTA to concentrate on metro services covering national, international and state. There only exists a case for what were mostly pre-Aggregation legacy news services to continue if the revenue is there to continue funding them (which in many areas is no longer the case).

Does Seven West Media now own Prime7’s Canberra Studios?

Yes they do. Not sure if signage has been changed yet.

Not yet! Photo taken just now.

9 Likes

Not in Bendigo either. I wonder when they will change it?

1 Like

I thought it might have had a GWN7 sign on it too since the news and other functions are done out of there too.

2 Likes

Maybe when signs need to replaced if they deteriorate or break - no priority to replace signs for the hell of it. It still shows the 7 logo.

3 Likes

i think a option would be a window into the 6 to 7pm news hour on metros OR NSW might do what Qld and VIC do and change drop the regionally produced national and do a cutdown 30 mins bulletin. Justa thought

Shauna Willis is finishing up in WA tomorrow night

10 Likes

They getting Samantha Jolly to read the weather from Perth? Would make sense, but a big shame losing a local face.

2 Likes

Something’s developing for 7 WA, for sure.

4 Likes

Former 7NEWS presenter Katie Toney appeared in a story for 7NEWS Coast last night

4 Likes

Really? Bad idea. I have a feeling they might move Noel to Perth as well and shut down the studio/turn it into a newsroom/sales office.

No. It was a question and not a statement of fact.

4 Likes

That’s all it is now. The news is presented from a small area in the center of the news room, sales offices are at the side and rear of the building
New GWN7

5 Likes

They don’t need to. All they do is put white paint over the words “prime” and “gwn” and then leave the 7 logo alone. Its cheaper that way.