Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

A problem with that is that lots of 7 logos will be small/offcentred.

1 Like

The horror!!

6 Likes

Stretched live cross on the WA bulletin tonight. Looks like 4:3 stretched into 16:9.

RE: Shauna’s tribute: Weather started early at 5:53. After there was a nice tribute by Noel showing archive footage and showing clips from Chris Mills etc. congratulating her. After the tribute, Noel/Shauna was standing at the weather wall, Noel gave Shauna flowers and Shauna signed off. Great tribute, will upload tomorrow or Friday.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Just in case you wanna see how Regional WA threw their farewell to Shauna:
https://fb.watch/g6pDdViTfE/

8 Likes

Felt like she’s leaving on her on regard.
Wonder how they will present weather now. Noel? I doubt they’d do weather from Perth.

2 Likes

Full bulletin here:

5 Likes

I wonder if Brianna Melville will take the role - she filled in when Shauna read the news a couple of weeks ago

1 Like

Montage from Yesterday (I know @djpaolodelacruz and @RedDragon beat me)

4 Likes

:rofl:

Surely they can tack on the weather to someone else in a pre-existing role, how about the Perth weather person?

Adelaide Williams presenting the weather tonight

1 Like

Interesting. Will she be main presenter?

1 Like

Shauna was saying on the radio that GWN’s weather used to be 5 to 6 minutes long. That takes me back to the Chris Mills era of the 90’s.

Only time will tell, @TBoy :slight_smile:

And not all that long ago either. It was still up around that duration when I started at Prime Pres in 2010. Putting the late night replay to air around 4am Canberra time and waiting for that segment to finish so you could go home sometimes made it feel much longer! Especially as you’d already seen it live at the start of your shift.

But I got a good chuckle any time Canberra had unpleasant weather and Bunbury made sure it was pointed out on the national map. Made the wait worthwhile.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Adelaide Williams presented the weather again tonight, and there’s also a new reporter - Julian Vicentini

2 Likes

It hurts seeing the OTS on a different angle to every single other element of presentation. :weary:

5 Likes

How well has the condensed Seven News Melbourne bulletin in the Border & North East region been covering the floods?

1 Like