Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

I agree.

If I am correct, Wollongong, Newcastle and Canberra do have 7-day forecasts in weather updates but the Victorian ones don’t.* I know you would see none at all as we both live in the Bendigo TV area.

They do on 7mate:

*Assumedly as Bendigo definitely don’t, would @tonks8526 be able to confirm

1 Like

Hannah Scott presenting the noodle updates again tonight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I saw Daniel Gibson for the 4:45pm one (Bendigo)

1 Like

Makes me wonder if Phoebe’s on leave. Hope she’s back soon :slight_smile:
I’ve seen Hannah present the updates before, and she’s getting better.

Dan’s also been presenting the updates in the last week or two, IIRC

Any updates on the trigger requirements coming into effect? Seven’s takeover took effect on 31 December 2021 and we’re well beyond the 6 month amnesty that the trigger legislation seems to describe.

We should be seeing noodle updates in Mildura by now, shouldn’t we? 320 points of loca content per per six weeks translates to roughly 6 minutes of news per day in a 5-day week (news counts for double points).

3 Likes

If I recall correctly, 7 took over STQ in late 1995. Rob was still hosting Family Feud at BTQ7 until the end of 1995.

Nev was technically the ‘first’ Seven Local News newsreader until his retirement around the end of November. I vaguely recall Mike Higgins temporarily took over after Nev Robert’s retirement for December through till early January when Rob Brough officially took over as the Seven Local News newsreader.

2 Likes

I wonder if STQ used Mike in a fill in role? He was doing the Wednesday Gold Lotto Draw at BTQ for a few years after his newsreading days presumedly commuting from his home up Noosa way.

I don’t ever recall Mike Higgins on Sunshine Television news, but had moved away from the area at that time, so may have missed this if it was a brief stint. Melissa Davis was the original reader of the local news on SEQ before aggregation.

Phoebe has resigned i believe, although i havent seen anything confirmed

1 Like

Unlikely to happen, who knows.
I don’t expect any changes until Eveleigh comes online next year when current production in Canberra is likely to move and Watson is possibly shut down for good.

1 Like

I don’t believe the Sydney will affect ex-Prime. Just ae Maroochydore remains the hub for 7Q, Canberra will remain the hub for 7RNSW.

1 Like

Massive loss if she has. They then only have Kirstie as a fill in for Madelaine.

Or Daniel.

Yes, but then he’d be doing the regional bulletins and Kirstie would be doing the 6:30 news.

Has anyone seen/heard anything on whether the ratings for the 6pm Local bulletins have improved / declined since the rebrand from Prime7 News? (though noting we can’t mention specific ratings here).

Watson more valuable as residential property now.
And no doubt when the digitisation of Seven’s archive at BTQ is completed and all the videotapes are disposed of or donated to NFSA, there will be enough space to move Maroochydore operations to Mt Coot-tha eventually.

Seven are leasing Maroochydore. I presume when the lease is up they’ll be looking to downsize.

Also, I doubt Rob Brough will be commuting to Brisbane so anything probably won’t happen until he’s ready to retire. Nearly single handedly he’s the reason the local news is popular.

They don’t necessarily have to move presentation to Brisbane. NBN and GWN have both shifted control elsewhere but have maintained local presentation in their respective cities.

No reason why STQ couldn’t do something similar, severing local ties would be severely damaging to their brand.

Same with NTD moving control room to Brisbane, but presentation staying in Brisbane, as well as the new Tasmania bulletin likely to be presented in Hobart but controlled in Melbourne. Nine have realised the cost savings of using the existing NNL control rooms instead of building new ones at Newcastle and Hobart, unlike moving presentation to the capital city it doesn’t do damage to the viewership of the bulletin.

Nope. Kirstie did North Coast/New England/Central West/Riverina tonight, with Daniel Gibson doing Border (most likely due to them not taking the 6:30 bulletin) and 6:30. However if Phoebe has resigned they do not have much choice during summer.

Somehow I feel like during the upfronts, Seven will make an announcement regarding the non-bulletin regions. If it does happen, I could see Bruce Roberts poached from WIN. He could serve as a replacement for Phoebe, and make it look like this:

NNSW + Central West/Riverina: Madelaine Collignon
Illawarra/Canberra/Border: Madelaine Collignon and Bruce Roberts
Bendigo/Ballarat/Gippsland: Bruce Roberts