Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

In response to somebody asking the question of “how is Seven Local News Wollongong and Seven Local News Canberra going” is was the then prime local news a high rating news service in Newcastle, Wollongong and Canberra at the time prior to the news bulletin ceasing to exist in 2001?

P.S. It was a topic raised in the other thread but I moved it to the current thread because I didn’t want to be off topic

1 Like

huh? I’m so lost

NBN has done quite well with uploading videos to their website instead of social media for around 5 years now. It monetises the content, ie - when you click to watch a story the video is surrounded by ads. Always wondered why more regional stations haven’t followed.

1 Like

They’re referring to this in the NBN News thread:

Dan presented the updates last night, and again tonight

In the above conversation, the comment about Seven Local News Canberra and Seven Local News Wollongong relates to the claim by Kick-It that moving a Newcastle based local news of a Nine affiliate (or O&O service) would mean that Seven would launch local news.

My question was sarcasm because the belief that Seven would do that is still undetermined. My suggestion that Nine could do a separate local news to a national news service is based on the fact that most Nine affiliated stations have Local News at 5:30pm. In the long term, the financial aspect of reducing operational costs could win out

Dubbo office today

6 Likes

Are there any other buildings still waiting for the 7 branding?

Wagga Wagga still waiting last I heard.

2 Likes

7 Branding (thanks to other members)

Ballarat - Yes
Bendigo - Unsure
Shepparton - Unsure
Tralagon - Unsure
Albury - Yes

Wollongong - Unsure
Canberra - Yes
Dubbo - Yes
Orange - Unsure
Wagga - Unsure

Tamworth - Yes
Lismore - Unsure
Coffs - Yes
Newcastle - Unsure
Gosford - Unsure
Taree - Unsure

1 Like

Yes, with a small Seven News billboard on the side. Not sure when it changed though, as I’ve moved in the last year (I used to live around the corner from it).

1 Like

I think it was in the last month as I went past a Christmas time(and been going past an not noticing it the last week)

NBN is not an affiliated station.

It’s a network owned station.

NBN has the highest rated local news at 6 of any nine station in the country.

More people watch TV at 6 then 530 and ad revenue is significantly higher at 6 then 530

Moving NBNs most watched show of local news out of primetime would be revenue suicide. And putting out of market Sydney local news at 6 would be revenue suicide too.

NBN has had local news at 6 for 40+ years. Moving it would Murder ad sales and revenue

8 Likes

Nick Hose joins 7NEWS regional bulletins

Australia’s number one regional news service is pleased to announce Nick Hose will join its team, presenting the nightly bulletins alongside newsreader Madelaine Collignon.

Hose and Collignon will team up to anchor 7NEWS regional bulletins from 6pm, Monday 13 February on 7NEWS Coast, 7NEWS New England, 7NEWS Central West, 7NEWS Riverina and 7NEWS Border.

Hose brings a wealth of experience to his new role, having worked across the ABC and Seven Network as a producer, journalist and presenter.

Seven Network Director of News and Public Affairs, Craig McPherson said: “We’re enormously proud of the contribution 7NEWS makes to the communities of regional Australia. We invest in news and we deliver it to massive parts of our country where other networks h­­­­­­ave chosen to walk away from. Putting Nick into the lead presenter role ensures our loyal audiences continue to receive quality local news from a quality newsman.”

Director of 7NEWS Regional News, Paul Patrick, said: “We are thrilled Nick is joining our team. He is an experienced journalist and presenter, and we know our viewers will welcome him as well. 7NEWS is the local news market leader across regional Australia and we are confident Nick will ensure our market leadership continues.”

Hose said: “I am thrilled to be joining Madelaine behind the desk to deliver news to our local audiences. There has never been a more exciting time to work in news and I can’t wait to get out into the community and cover the stories that matter.”

The appointment follows an extraordinary result in the ratings for 7NEWS regional programs last year, winning every week of the survey year.

7NEWS Regional 6.00pm weeknights, Channel 7 and 7plus

8 Likes

Great to see them move back to a dual anchor setup.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for Nick and Maddie to co-anchor the news together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, this means Kirstie won’t be presenting the news any time soon.

1 Like

Nick will also end up reading sports as well. Meaning the end of steve murphy reading the sports from albury.

2 Likes

Got to say I disagree - there is no need to double-head a half-hour bulletin.

8 Likes

i still wonder when and if 7 move regional into the new facility in Sydney if Madeline will go or stay with family in Canberra. I keep hearing stories in Canberra about how the building is falling apart and no maintenance is happening

1 Like