Seven News (Regional Qld)

They should think about changing the screens on the right should to that white on red image, looks sharp on the main backdrop! And it would help break up the stark whiteness of the rest of the set.

I know the framing is already set up for 3 small screens, but replacing them with two larger vertical screens could’ve made more of an impact.

7 Likes

No explainer, but all of Seven’s regional QLD areas DO receive a trimmed down Brisbane 1st segment on weeknights, as all seven (7) markets air local news from 6 to 6.30.

That reminds me, since the new VO only has two uses (solo or dual presenter), the only indicator left if the bulletin’s market is live, at least for us media enthusiasts, is when the swoosh between headlines occur. (I guess normal viewer won’t notice it, anyway.)

1 Like

No I know this, I meant did anyone capture it.

2 Likes

jeez I don’t think I want to see Rob in HD to be fair. The make up job on him is ghastly.

4 Likes

Oh, you mean the special playout to break after the edited 1st segment. Not sure if @ScreenTower has the regional version in the archiving list today.

At least they don’t seem to be blinking anymore

…in the throw to sport, Rob seems to have something happen to him - not sure if it was some sort of turn or pain but watch closely to see his body language.

Is the rear wall silver but the side walls white? Looks a bit odd- they should be all silver and the down lights a bit cooler.

Still, a nice refresh overall.

I love what STQ has done to their set. It looks pretty swish.

However, I can’t get the image of a freshly-painted reception area for a brand new GP surgery out of my head. :joy:

7 Likes

15 Likes

Looks like this problem was resolved.

1 Like

I agree. They’ve given the oldest set in the country another five years easily.

9 Likes

Can’t wait for our MS archivists to have this minor tweak in the coming days, just to be sure. Is the voice for the Sunshine Coast open changed too?

1 Like

Imagine John Stanton getting the chance to VO the Sunshine Coast openers. That would be solid.

7 Likes

LIVE FROM THE SUNSHINE COAST, 7 NEWSSS WITH ROB BROUGHH

3 Likes

For those of you commenting on the picture quality, the network ordered the necessary HD equipment last January. (2021) We are still awaiting its arrival.

13 Likes

Geez that’s horrendous. Have you had any updates on the order?

Like anything, there’s a huge supply shortage of TV equipment at the moment.

4 Likes

I find that the quality seems to be less from around 8 April - black bars appeared top and bottom and picture quality went down IMO.

Some caps from 8 March

7 March

3 Likes