Seven News (Regional Qld)

It makes the studio look even more spacious. They’ve butchered some of the graphics and the OTS is ghastly against the red column. Overall, it’s not bad for a lick of paint.

They’ve also dropped the location name from the VO. It’s just generic now which is a big misstep IMO. I can’t recall whether the titlecard even had the city name on it.

6 Likes

Was going to mention this, seems as though the FB logo is missing on the super.

2 Likes

Looks much better. Does give me a bit of a reception vibe, but it is a huge improvement!

1 Like

Yuck. The new look is disgusting! Much preferred the old look. Shame on you Seven!:fu:t2::fu:t2::fu:t2:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Criticism is welcome and all and everyone has differing opinions, but that wasn’t very constructive as to why you don’t like it.

20 Likes

Some more shots plus, not sure if it to do with the SD quality but some of the text look slightly orange instead of red.

9 Likes

Grow up

27 Likes

Let’s face it, Seven could have done anything tonight and we’d still get the exact same response from that member

21 Likes

Sorry that Seven’s new graphics don’t appease you. Seriously, that was a very immature way to voice your criticism!

4 Likes

Flipping the bird on Seven won’t do anything. That’s the best Maroochydore did to refresh.

4 Likes

When your regional set looks better than the metro…

9 Likes

Jesus christ, it’s just a relaunch, they didn’t do anything personally to you :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

Very interesting update.

It surprises me how different it looks after a splash of new paint!

It would have been good to see them increase the size of that background screen. It looks a bit small in the background there against the white wall.

Interesting of Livio to write “Queensland Weather” on that title card. It would have been better to write “Local Weather” if they wanted it to be generic, in my opinion. To any random viewer watching a bulletin, he’s not actually covering Queensland weather, rather the local area’s weather

3 Likes

The equipment the regional studios are using must be ancient.
The opener struggles to apply the gradient to the headline backdrop.
Surely an upgrade is on the horizon.

Also interesting that the intro VO doesn’t seem to introduce the region anymore.

Credits @ScreenTower

7 Likes

I wonder if they considered painting the rear wall black (or at least the parts either side of the screen).

3 Likes

Comparison through the years:

16 Likes

Holy 2003! Those downlights should never have been kept.

2 Likes

Video - Townsville dual presenter version

9 Likes

Anyone get the regional cutdown of the Brisbane bulletin?

Yeah seems like it doesn’t process alpha channels very well… surely they could have at-least given them the headline supers as a hard edge rather than making the software try to apply the gradient. Looks horrible.