Seven News (Regional Qld)

Townsville was definitely live last night. (Monday4th)

1 Like

Last night’s Townsville bulletin in full

7 News live into North QLD again tonight with live crosses, excellent to see Seven continuing to broadcast live each night during this disaster

3 Likes

What a great regional bulletin

1 Like

And again tonight by the looks of things, great job channel 7.

1 Like

1 Like

With the news from TV Blackbox that Nine have reportedly axed their local services for the Mackay & Darling Downs, I wonder how long it’ll be until Seven goes all out with a massive “The only news service which covers ALL of Queensland” promotional push?

7 Likes

Trim the Local Bulletins And Merge Two or Three Of Them into a Multi Regional Bulletin.

1 Like

I think they are more likely to stick to more locally based promos and besides, no-one really covers Mt Isa :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s true, but since when has that stopped TV networks from making highly dubious promotional claims?! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mt Isa is a remote (Imparja/SC7 Central) area is it not?

Yes, it is.

Why?

Team B tonight. Another promo shoot?

Who was the guy presenting tonight?

Never seen him before, I’ve only ever seen Rob or Joanne in recent times (I don’t watch too often).

That’s Steve Titmus. He often fills in for Rob when he goes away for extended periods

Ah okay, thanks for the info. Sunshine Coast is only single presenter so whenever Rob is away Joanne covers things, probably why I’ve never seen him before.

Steve is based in Brisbane, he divides his time between BTQ and the Gold Coast offices. He fills in for Rob as required and will be reading in all markets again tomorrow(Thursday 28th)Katie Toney will be sitting in Jo Desmond’s chair.

1 Like

Back on Brisbane screens tonight

1 Like

Normal flow of the bulletin was briefly interrupted by a breaking news story tonight. Not sure how new it is but the big red 3D banner certainly gets your attention! Doesn’t have the cool animations that Channel 9 does but it absolutely works well enough.

5 Likes