Seven News (Regional Qld)

Those appear to be the weather regions referred to within the bulletins.

1 Like

*Coalfields

1 Like

Some random Rob Brough.

9 Likes

Wednesday (05/04/2023): Dannielle De Pinto presented tonight. Her first read without Rob and her first time down south. It was also the first time since Steve Titmus was moved to the Gold Coast in late 2021 that Rob or Jo hasn’t fronted the bulletin. That’s what I call good planning.

2 Likes

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seven News Content and Appearance

Huh, sems odd

2 Likes

I think everyone’s still grappling with the new verified/affiliate structure.

Half of the 7QLD accounts are under The Morning Show’s affiliation, half (the ones closer to the SE corner) are under Sunrise’s. Strange, but more than can be said for some of the metro 7 News ones at the moment.

2 Likes

Surprisingly, Dannielle De Pinto is leaving. She was a producer and Jo’s fill-in.

In the last six or so months, they have lost Dannielle, Mel Wightman, Liam Bland and Sarah Cawte. They are all reporters who they had doing some studio reads and presumably were grooming for future presenting roles. I suppose that is one problem when you have such a long-standing presenting team- reporters see little career progression at Seven Queensland so go elsewhere.

2 Likes

That would be one reason but theres also a few reasons people leave. Further opportunities at Seven (like a Gold Coast or Brisbane transfer) and the pay would be at a regional level.

1 Like

lol isn’t any departure a surprise?

Like many reporters across the industry, the are going to Government and comms jobs where there is more money.

I’m unsure about Danielle, but Mel Wightman and Liam Bland were transferred to the GC. As for Sarah Cawte, they taught her to fill-in on weather and she then got the permanent weather gig on Win News. I just thought it was interesting that all of the ones 7Qld have trained for some presenting since Steve Titmus and Katie Toney moved have all left in under 12 months. They will have to start grooming someone else again from scratch.

Nothing new for 7qld though. Theyve always been a funnel for Brisbane and GC in particular. May be unusual that theres so many all at once, but theres alot of shuffling around the network atm (Josh Riabrich to Melbourne, Jodi Lee to Sydney, Liam Tapper to Sunrise, Mylee Hogan to LA, Sarah Greenhalgh to Spotlight, Ash Mullany to London).

Isn’t that what a good regional TV network/system is meant to do?

2 Likes

Gardening experts Penny McKinlay and Neil Fisher were both featured on The Cheap Seats this week.

4 Likes

Promo

6 Likes

I can’t believe how good that set looks :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Am I wrong in saying that it’s currently the oldest set in Australia?

2 Likes

Not wrong. It is the oldest.

3 Likes