Seven News (Regional Qld)

Yes, full 90mins Brisbane bulletin from 1830.

If I am correct, 7Regional also dumped the National news and did the same as 7QLD, running 7NEWS Sydney from 18:30-20:00.

Sarah Cawte presented the Weather Tonight in Regional Queensland Markets with Joanne Desmond and Luke McGarry.

2 Likes

Sport was from Townsville tonight. Had a pre-recorded feel to it even on the Sunshine Coast that is usually live.

3 Likes

Maybe the sport segment was prerecorded in Sunshine Coast, and LIVE in Townsville?

1 Like

Remember the clue: If your region’s headlines have a “swoosh” transition in between, instead of a hard cut, then the entire bulletin is 99.9% LIVE at your place. (I left 0.1% off because Sarah presenting weather remains pre-recorded. And yes, the video editor mixed up the today’s temps and the synoptic chat segments, if you wanna ask that.)

3 Likes

That’s because the regional news went live in Townsville tonight. Taking advantage of the Cowboys fans chances, if you ask me.

2 Likes

Sunshine Coast didn’t have the swoosh, so I guess that confirms the Townsville bulletin was LIVE and the Sunshine Coast one prerecorded. I like how 7QLD does it unlike WIN/NBN.

3 Likes

Someone at Seven obviously realised the pre-recorded backdrop in the studio was too bright after seeing the live footage from Townsville.

Before Sport:

After Sport:

Actual Live Shot:

2 Likes

They are flexible depending on how warrant a non-Sunshine Coast story is. Usually, they do so for severe storm coverage, but this one’s like second of two non-SC live editions I witnessed online (the other was in 2017 or something around Nine News’ first week run of NBN-styled composite bulletins to SCA Townsville) that are not weather-related.

2 Likes

Yes, the Townsville bulletin was live on the night that 9 News Townsville launched, and featured a live cross for a relatively minor story. Not something they would normally do.

The reporter (cannot remember who) stumbled through the live cross and looked quite uncomfortable during it too

2 Likes

NBN and WIN read out one bulletin in each state live and have switched it up in the past IIRC (i.e. Newcastle for NBN and Wollongong for WIN NSW)

Should work exactly the same as 7QLD.

2 Likes

WIN no longer does live bulletins anymore, even in the Gong. The Wollonggong building handles every region they serve under local quota rules, ever since they consolidate SA, QLD, VIC and TAS presentation into one location, plus adding NNSW updates upon buying NRN afterwards.

2 Likes
1 Like

I think that is referring to the Statewide bulletin. The local 6pm news Sunshine Coast was not a replay from Friday.

However, it was interesting to see that they use a Panasonic DVR recorder to play the streetscape in the background. Anyone who has the brand will recognise it.

Later fixed

8 Likes

Big oops moment there.

The decorations are up

3 Likes

Could do without them on the front of the desk tbh. Looks odd covering the logo

2 Likes

Agree… the tree from behind looks good.

1 Like
1 Like