Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

So I think its fair to say that, Seven Melbourne’s new presenting team for 2017, is as follows;

1st - Peter Mitchell
2nd - Jennifer Keyte
3rd - Nick McCallum
4th- Jacqueline Felgate
5th - Blake Johnson.

5 Likes

@BJT2 don’t forget Blake will move up the ladder when Jacqui starts her maternity leave next month.

I don’t think Angela Cox will become anchor of Seven News Sydney. Traditionally, the faces of the flagship bulletin are born and bred in that state (which makes sense IMO) and probably a reason why HSV have been hesitant to put Blake Johnson at 6pm.

BTW viewers seem to prefer the male alternative to Georgie Gardner on Nine.

That statement doesn’t hold water. Ann Sanders born and raised in WA. Roger Climpson is English. Over on Nine Peter Hitchener was born in rural Queensland while Brian Henderson is a Kiwi. Sandra Sully is a Queenslander but NSW viewers don’t hold that against her. There are plenty more examples.

12 Likes

Thanks, they do say you learn something everyday.

Peter Overton was born in England, Ron Wilson, Northern Ireland, Hugh Riminton is a Kiwi, Sandra Sully hails from Brisbane, Anne Sanders W.A etc etc

8 Likes

Georgie Gardner is also a Western Australian if I’m not mistaken.

5 Likes

Saturday (07.01.17) : Katrina Blowers is anchoring in Queensland with Rohan Welsh is on sport.

Texas, QLD to be exact.

North East of Moree.

Edit:

I remember Darren James saying on 3AW that Ann Sanders was not born in Australia IIRC.

1 Like

Angela Cox is presenting 5pm News this Sunday.

1 Like

Mel McLaughlin returned from holidays today to present sport in the 5pm bulletin.

1 Like

And wasn’t she average, the segue from Ange to Mel was terrible and she should’ve taken a short breath before reading from the autocue - I immediately changed the channel.

2 Likes

Sunday (08.01.17): Max Futcher is anchoring in Queensland solo tonight with Rohan Welsh on sport.

I can understand Seven employing her as a sports reporter and giving her a hosting role or two at events like the Olympics, tennis etc but I am absolutely baffled why she replaced Jim Wilson in the top job. She is ordinary to say the least and just adds to the presenter problems that already plague the Sydney 6pm bulletin.

If Wilson was going to be shafted, it should have happened three years ago, instead of his wife. And he should have been replaced by Phelan.

6 Likes

The problem is they wanted to create headlines and they needed a female on the desk.

Monday (9.01.17)- Friday (13.01.17): Angela Cox is anchoring the Early News.

It is interesting that they might return to Nat presenting the bulletin or as I would suggest, get Edwina Bartholomew to do the Early News as well as Sunrise.

3 Likes

Paul Kadak is presenting Monday Morning News.

1 Like

Is this the first time he has presented?

@wade late last year Paul presented a couple of 5pm weekend news bulletins and a few Morning News,he mainly does news updates.
Hope we see him reading news more often. He will probably be presenting Morning & national Afternoon News this week,with Robert Ovadia in the US it is giving Paul the opportunity to read news.

Yeah I remember Robert Ovadia filling in over the Summer period, but can’t remember seeing Paul Kadak

1 Like