Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Pot/kettle

12 Likes

Ann Sanders is on holidays after today!

3 Likes

How long has Natalie Forrest been reporting on 7 for?

terrible cap btw.

4 Likes

Last summer but only for the summer (maybe once or twice during the year but not regularly).

2 Likes

She fills in at Parliament while the regional news updates are on hiatus.

I hadnā€™t seen her do a piece to camera before today though.

I think we saw Natalie Forrest file a report for Seven from Canberra maybe during October or November this year? It was definitely a once-off from memory.

But yeah, Natā€™s only an Summer/occasional reporter due to her well known commitments with Prime7 News.

1 Like

She once presented sport on GWN out of Bunbury

1 Like

Chris Reason presenting Wednesday & Thursday Morning & (national) Afternoon News.

Paul Kadak presenting news updates on The Daily Edition this week.

Ryan Phelan presenting sport in Sydney this week.

1 Like

If 7 Melbourne was half smartā€¦theyā€™d poach Seb Costello. He is a future 6pm readerā€¦given his popularity, experience, and broad appeal on Triple M sport and as a news (not sport) reporter at GTV.
Peter Mitchell has a job for life thereā€¦but itā€™s pointless throwing names around like Brett McLeod, Helen Kapalos and Dennis Walter because that ship would have sailed by then.
If Mitch stays for another decadeā€¦Seb will be 40ā€¦perfect age to set up your next anchorā€¦whoā€™ll then hold the chair for at least two decades. Itā€™s a no brainer.

Seb is fine as a reporter, and although Iā€™ve never heard him present on radio, Iā€™m sure he is alright. However, he doesnā€™t exactly shout as a full time presenter (especially a replacement for Mitch) to me, and while I do agree that presenters like Brett, Helen and Dennis are long out of the radars for the time being, IMO theyā€™re the only people who can actually keep the bulletin up and running.

Seven shouldā€™ve never axed Helen Kapolos in the first place, she was a piece of gem which wouldā€™ve been a great fill-in presenter and a future replacement.

2 Likes

Mark Ferguson just said tonight will be his last in 2016. He will be back in 2017.

Note the edit: Fergo will be back for 2017.

8 Likes

For a second there I thought you were inferring he said than 2017 will be his last year. If that was actually the case, I imagine there would be many happy MediaSpy members.

10 Likes

Sorry, a typo. I meant to say 2016. I just hit the wrong key.

1 Like

The names of 2 on-air staff alleged to have had sexual relations with embattled CEO Tim Worner have been published online and can be found quite easily via a Google search. Seven have taken out an injunction to prevent the names being released.

1 Like

actually itā€™s a super-injuction, so itā€™s even more bizarre. These things canā€™t be hidden thanks to the internet, same happened to British Footballer Ryan Giggs and his super-injunction attemptā€¦failed miserably

And the fact Seven has more leaks than a sieve doesnā€™t help. If Seven is footing the bill for all this legal action, Iā€™d be peeved if I was a shareholder.

These things exist in Australia? I thought it was only some weird British legal thingo.

And holy shit those names are huge.

[quote=ā€œMischievous1, post:1563, topic:149ā€]
Iā€™d be peeved if I was a shareholder.
[/quote]I donā€™t know why anyone would have shares in a media company tbh. Nothing but misery. Media and airlines are two industries best avoided.

1 Like

Chris Reason is presenting Friday Morning News and national Afternoon News.

1 Like

Are we expecting Musher to present tonight, or would someone like Angie fill-in?[quote=ā€œnationalnews, post:1566, topic:149, full:trueā€]
Chris Reason is presenting Friday Morning News and national Afternoon News.
[/quote]

Mike Smithson reading in Adelaide this week.

1 Like