Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

On another note, does anyone know who Steve Titmus is? He did a health report on Seven News tonight about osteoarthritis and I’ve never heard of him before.

2 Likes

former newsreader for Southern Cross Network News in Tasmania. Google for more…

1 Like

Yeah thanks I did. His reports rarely feature in Sydney anyway so I just had not heard the name before. He seems to do reports for Seven Gold Coast news nowadays mainly. He must be another experienced reporter of Seven’s, no?

He’s a reporter and fill in presenter for 7 Queensland.

2 Likes

Steve fills in for Rob Brough in North QLD on Seven (Local) News and has once presented for the whole state. He is much better than Brough, IMO, and does do reports for 7 News Brisbane/GC on occasions.

2 Likes

Blake Johnson presenting in Melbourne tonight, the bulletin is scheduled for 7pm due to AFL Footy elimination final, news updates this afternoon are saying 'tonight after the football '.

6 Likes

Robert Ovadia is presenting in Sydney with Samantha Brett presenting weather tonight.

1 Like

Why are both Melbourne and Sydney using fill-ins for their special 7PM bulletins on a higher rating day for them with the footy on? Do they not want these bulletins to rate?

2 Likes

Who normally presents the Semi and Grand Final bulletins? You would think the A Team.

I’d expect to see Mitch, Tim and Jane on for this one. No offence to the team but Blake, Sowerby and Melena hardly cut it for a reputable bulletin.

2 Likes

Mitch is normally on the Grand Final day bulletin, l’m actually happy that Blake is on tonight because he is a great young talent and it will give him extra exposure to Melbourne viewers tonight. Hopefully with the AFL lead in it might be a higher rating bulletin.

5 Likes

I fully agree. Seven needs some decent talent in newsreading ever since Maddern and Etchells left. Giving Blake more exposure can only be better as it shows that HSV-7 aren’t complete morons when recognising talents (ok maybe they did overlook Maddern but at least they’re using decent talent nowadays) plus it is also a sign that they are grooming Blake to possibly take over Mitch’s position.

2 Likes

I’m sure many Media Spy members will be thrilled to hear that Samantha Brett presented the weather on tonight’s special half hour 7pm edition of Seven News Sydney…

Regardless of who’s presenting, I reckon that most regular viewers of Seven News here in Sydney who tuned in at 6pm but got AFL instead of a bulletin would’ve immediately turned over to Nine.

Tonight’s ratings probably won’t be zero, but I’d still expect even worse figures than the 3rd behind the ABC News at 7pm figures that Seven News Sydney normally gets at 6pm Saturdays.

2 Likes

Seven will need to lure Bec back at some point, understand the point about pushing current talent, but Bec is probably the strongest that can go up against Alicia or Tony (who both will be around for a long while yet). The Seven News brand will sink in Melbourne without a stronger lead once Mitch/Jen retire.

She went to 9 because Seven didn’t have anything of significance, and if she went back tomorrow there still isn’t anything major available aside fill ins. Needs to wait until Mitch or Jen retire, and will probably keep signing contracts at 9 till that comes closer…

5 Likes

I honestly don’t understand why Sarah Cumming or Sally Bowrey aren’t used when Angie’s away.

3 Likes
1 Like

@lepatron Nathan Templeton has said sorry for his comments on twitter this morning

3 Likes

Blake Johnson presenting in Melbourne again tonight.

Samantha Brett is presenting 5pm News today.

6 Likes

So Samantha Brett is virtually assuming Angie’s role while she is on holidays it appears. I would definitely prefer Angie over Sam any day. Also of note, there does not appear to be a banner in today’s 5PM news

3 Likes

Jane Bunn returns this evening to present weather on the Melbourne bulletin.

4 Likes

Matt Carmichael presenting sport on Morning News today.

1 Like