Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Matt Carmichael presenting sport in morning news and Sydney afternoon news today

2 Likes

Emily Angwin is filling in for Jane Bunn tonight.

3 Likes

Chris Reason is reporting from Seoul, South Korea this week.

1 Like

Sarah Cumming is presenting Thursday Morning News.

4 Likes

Wow!! I would not have seen this coming. So Seven plan on using Sarah Cumming as a fill-in news presenter now too? That’s not a problem, she has good news reading skills and if I remember correctly several years ago she used to present these sorts of national news bulletins, right?

When was the last time she presented a bulletin?

gotemmmmmmmmmm

5 Likes

Probably 2015. Before her maturity leave.

1 Like

Angie Asimus presenting Sydney’s afternoon news today

3 Likes

Jane Bunn is away sick again tonight with Emily Angwin filling in.

6 Likes

Sally has returned to the Daily Edition, so it’s unknown what Sarah will do. I’m thinking we could see more of Sarah filling in for morning/ afternoon news compared to Chris, Angie and Angela

2 Likes

As I said in the TDE forum, it would appear based on this week that Sarah has taken over Ryan’s roles of presenting news updates and acting as the third presenter if you will on the show as well as presenting news updates on TMS.

On a side note it appears Basil Zempilas was presenting sport in the Adelaide studio tonight for Perth, sitting where John & Jane would normally sit I think. Did anyone manage to get caps? I missed getting some unfortunately…

2 Likes

@Mitchell_Nock with Ryan filling in for Beretts on Sunrise and Larry on TMS this week it is hard to tell if Sarah is just filling in for him or replacing him permanently. We will know for sure once Ryan finishes his filling in on Sunrise and TMS.l did notice one conversation between Sarah and Ryan after she had read a news update on TMS the other day when Ryan said to Sarah your adding in royal family stories in my absence to keep Kylie happy.
I do agree with @NewsAustralia that Sarah will probably now be the main fill in newsreader for Morning or Afternoon News bulletins.

4 Likes

I would have thought Sarah would not have been integrated as much into TDE in particular if she was indeed only ‘filling in’ though…

I love Sarah’s presenting same she doesn’t have a full time role. Jim & Her was one of the best things about Sydney’s 6pm news.

3 Likes

It’s probably been said before, but in hindsight you really do have to wonder where Seven News Sydney would be now if they stuck with Chris Bath, Jim Wilson & Sarah Cumming as their main presenting team after 2013. Personally I think that presenting lineup could’ve made major inroads in the ratings against Nine with some changes to the Content and On-Air Presentation of the bulletin, but I’m digressing again.

I agree. At the very least, I think she should be Sydney’s current weather presenter on Friday/Saturday nights.

5 Likes

Sally Bowrey presenting Friday Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News again this week.l think it is likely she will now be the regular Friday presenter.

4 Likes

Yes he is this week but he wasn’t last Friday when Sally presented. As l said when Sally returned from maternity leave she would probably slowly increase her workload.

1 Like

Emily Angwin still presenting weather on Melbourne 4pm & 6pm News tonight.

3 Likes

Angie Asimus on holidays after tonight. It’s a well-earned break for her I think, she always works so hard in both presenting and reporting for Seven News imo. Now I wonder who’s going to fill her presenting roles; Sarah Cumming perhaps…

5 Likes