Seven News July 2020 presentation tweaks

And for no discernible reason the promo that I capped yesterday has had its end board changed but not to the new logo; must have a lot of spare time in the Seven promo dept. If you’re changing the end board, this would have been a good time to update the logo :wink:

Today

Yesterday

2 Likes

From a glance, it looks like a slightly remixed version of the current graphics package, though the gloss has been dropped for a gradient instead.

Again, it’s hard to give full judgement when we’ve only seen some elements, but I guess it’s kinda nice the new Network font is used across all services now, similar to how Gill Sans was in the early 2000s. Doesn’t look the greatest squished like that though.

Not the best image… :sweat_smile:

But a look at the updated Microphone flag

5 Likes

The gradient is much better than the gloss but I’ll be very surprised if there isn’t still a mishmash of graphic designs.

1 Like

Here we go…

11 Likes

Terrible mishmash. No new ticker? Looks so out of place.

This font should be banned. That’s horrible.
The new slightly washed out blue they use on the supers is out of place with the blue they are using on the headlines

8 Likes

The opening graphics look ok, though the font is far from perfect. Looks to me that we may see a new ticker soon, the current one looks odd.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, disregard the above. This is absolute shit.

5 Likes

A tale of three logos.

24 Likes

I want to vomit, Nine’s revamp was tolerable. This, this is mediaspy mock level of crap.

10 Likes

Coming back from break wipe:

6 Likes

Lost the ticker briefly in second segment, then it reappeared

Throw to sport

3 Likes

This looked odd

It was followed by

Why it was different to these - perhaps a mistake?

3 Likes

Sport wipe

3 Likes

Better without the gloss and the font looks better. However, I would have liked to have seen both the blue and white strip separated (similar to how NBC Today have theirs).
Overall, underwhelming and far too much blue.

Throw back from sport and weather sting

3 Likes

Weather:

6 Likes

The lower third animation looks just like 9’s. The whole thing just looks shit.

3 Likes

Closer:

4 Likes

I had low expectations, but that is disappointing. More changes were needed, not just a few slants and a new font.

Still too much blue!

9 Likes

I quite like the dark blue; but unfortunately not a lot else; there needs to be a number of adjustment I think - (especially that ticker that doesn’t match the new graphics). For example why are reporters first names not bold like every other element seems to be in the package?

Yet

4 Likes