Seven News July 2020 presentation tweaks

Simple and restrained doesn’t mean lazy.

Seven’s graphics have suffered from dated OTT design with unnecessary lense flares, scan lines for years and years. A modern and flat interpretation of the classic 2004 look would be wonderful.

2 Likes

Well not lazy per say, more so that, there is just too much blue! There is only one other colour I can see in that cap, that is the Seven logo. They really need to calm down on their blue.

Also: image

12 Likes

Oh yuck! They have re used the same supers from the package prior for that Weeknights tag!
God the ideas cupboard must be pretty bare to re-use elements of old packages!

9 Likes

It’s still way too much blue… but I see that as an improvement of the ridiculous clouds and water reflections or whatever else they had in the past.

Flashback to 2016 when the current graphics Package launched: :rofl:

For me, while I feel the new font choice for ‘NEWS’ is kind of odd though somewhat consistent with Seven’s other brands, I am leaving my full judgement until all the elements have debuted.

People here (including myself) were originally skeptical about the current graphics when they debuted (albeit in a half baked fashion in different stages of that year) with some comparisons being made to ABC News’ 2010-2017 graphics at the time, though it gradually grew on us more when all the elements were in place.

There’s some things that make no sense currently…

The National title-card backgrounds are from 2013, and were retired for On-Air usage 4 years ago, so it puzzles me that they are still used in some areas.

I highly doubt they would re-use these again. I suspect we may instead see the current National title-card or a updated version. Not too sure about the other elements, could be a simple font switch, though refreshed graphics would be nice, but I imagine the current State title-cards will remain mostly the same.

Not long left to wait it seems…

2 Likes

The Seven News Adelaide one doesn’t look exactly bad. The same can’t be said about the Morning/Early news ones that was posted.

2 Likes

Ha, I see you get my reference! I think before the next ‘graphics’ come out, we should reminisce about the events leading up to the current package; how the MediaSpy community of 2016 reacted.

1 Like

Terrible.

Again, the BLUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Though the font used for Happening Now (somewhat similar to the one used for their general promos) would be much better for the news. It would look even more modern and would actually be consistent with what they use in their promo department.

If 10/Nine/ABC/SBS/Sky can all properly relaunch their graphics then I wonder what Seven’s excuses are.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Promos airing this afternoon in Brisbane feature the old and new font. Seen twice now, a promo for tonight’s bulletin has aired with the old font immediately followed by a promo for Monday using the new font.

New

Old

Video

3 Likes

And they are bring back the line below everything that they had a few years back🤦🏻‍♂️

Sorry but I prefer the one they used before. A lot more minimalistic yet refined.

From what we can see so far, these graphics seem like a pretty bad mock.

2 Likes

I honestly liked those graphics. Don’t hurt me, please!..

Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDGA2OPjC2T/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

1 Like

To be honest it doesn’t look baaddd, I’m not a fan though, just a redo of the previous package, though I didn’t see the title-card, so I’m wondering what it’ll be like?

1 Like

This doesn’t look bad at all!

Wasn’t expecting anything major. Was just expecting something similar to this.

Should mean that we may see change for the cricket broadcast graphics too for Seven- first game is September 27 with a Women’s T20.

First Test is November 21.

1 Like

The quality of that On-Air Presentation is what I’d expect to see from Prime7 Local News…not the major metropolitan network!

That is absolutely hideous :face_vomiting:

The blue, the default gradient, the generic stretched font, the background…

3 Likes

Yeahhh not good.

Still waiting to reserve my full judgement but

sums it up.

That logo looks even worse.

3 Likes

Is it just me? But I prefer the new font. The old one never sat right with me, particularly the “s”… looked like 80s sci-fi or something… I dunno how to describe it. Plain is good for news.
I’ll prepare to be shot down in flames…