Seven News Content and Appearance

Seven’s afternoon bulletin in Queensland is really starting to be dominated by construction. Originally it was a nice view of the river with the eye in the foreground; but I think that it is only going to get worse as the Queens Wharf construction continues. As well as the sky dominated by cranes and eventually buildings, now the bridge is starting to be constructed , the river will be covered as well. Time to srat thinking about a better view.

4 Likes

Update: Now reported that the previous Christmas Lights competition that was sponsored by The GC City Council and seen on Nine has been cancelled.

1 Like

4KQ Christmas Lights competition

5 Likes

Seven Melbourne runs overtime nightly now. 702-703. After the weather they now run a fluffy news story, and a localised sunrise promo.

I don’t quite get what they are trying to do here, I assume miss the start of ACA?

5 Likes

7 ran live coverage of the State Funeral for Russell Ebert this morning, with Rosanna and Soda hosting from the studio, Bruce Abernethy and John Riddell were at Alberton Oval. That lead into a 12.30 local bulletin with Mike anchoring.

https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSAdelaide/videos/614997039643095

5 Likes

Lawyers for Terrance Flowers launched proceedings against Seven in the WA Supreme Court today.

3 Likes

I can only imagine how terrible this might have been for this man but this court case is just going to continue to highlight a wrongful connection to a terrible crime.

1 Like

Yes but everyone knows he had nothing to do with it so no further harm can really be done. This is about getting payment from Seven for their sloppy reporting.

8 Likes

Spelling error on Adelaide’s Seven News at 6 PM

11 Likes

These networks need to learn how to spell.

5 Likes

Morning News from Melbourne:

Larger two way box in Sydney and Usher at the desk with Fergo:

9 Likes

Cross to “Newsroom” on Gold Coast News is the Brisbane news room at Mt Coot-tha.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Well it is a Newsroom, just not their Newsroom :rofl:

3 Likes

It really is their newsroom isn’t it? Same network. Don’t really get the problem tbh.

3 Likes

It stood out because it was inconsistent with their practice of using the reporter’s location for live stories. Instead of saying Brisbane, they tried to give the impression it was their local newsroom

4 Likes

Depends on the story and whether they had anyone available to go live on scene. Sometimes they just need a mouthpiece.

They crossed to “the newsroom”, she’s in a newsroom. And Mt Coot-tha does serve as the playout hub for GC news so it is kind-of their newsroom too.

1 Like

Yes… what was the story? That will determine whether they are trying to cover anything up.

1 Like

The Newsroom backdrop/camera looks as if its been covered with Vaseline

2 Likes

Cross to 5.50 and 6pm news anchors during Queensland afternoon news.

5 Likes