Seven News Content and Appearance

It seems that the Brisbane set has been updated. The framing has been removed from the screen on the right.

From the 14th November - seemed to be changed some point after that:

4 Likes

First time it was shown was 18 November.

Other views

6 Likes

Likely a whole new screen, not just framing

3 Likes

National update from Perth tonight.

8 Likes

Interest rates decision, probably the shortest report so far at <2 mins.

3 Likes

Breaking News opener for Brisbane tonight. Excellent reporting with a live cross to scene and 2 followup live reports during the bulletin.

Nine also opened with Breaking News but had no vision from the scene of the story and read a report from the newsroom. A second report during the bulletin was also from the newsroom.

ABC News did a cross to Toowoomba.

5 Likes

7 Brisbane still can’t get the red right on that screen on the desk… it’s maroon compared to the graphics.

Probably in the minority here but changing that screen on the Brisbane set has made a world of difference to how I feel about this set. Looks a lot better now, especially compared the cap of Nine’s set (red overload).

Switching those lightboxes over to actual screens will improve it further (and one long screen on the desk).

11 Likes

The only thing that now lets it down is the 2006 rear projection technology behind the desk with the live shot.
But I agree, the lack of bulk to the right now has modernised it

8 Likes

Looks like 7 smashed it. Where was the abc presenter hosting from?

Toowoomba.

1 Like

I thought they replaced the projector with an actual screen years ago?

1 Like

7News flash at 1.50pm Qld time:
PM speaking of the tragedy in Qld.

1 Like

What’s with the different supers in Adelaide? Other states seem to know how to make them not be so big when they don’t need to be.

Not sure if the opener for Seven Queensland was intentionally different. After the shot of the set from the side a camera that usually stays centred on Max slowly drifted to a wider shot that highlighted the live backdrop. I suspect it was an error because before the bulletin started there were a few seconds of back screen.

Later it was back to normal. Ironically I thought it was a great innovation!

6 Likes

I’d say the robotic camera was accidently programmed for a screen graphic.

1 Like

Or for the framing they use when theres two presenters.

2 Likes

I don’t really mind this shot

3 Likes

I much prefer it to their afternoon news angle.

1 Like

Melbourne seeing Sydney’s 4pm news with Chris Reason. Complete with a Sydney weather bulletin with Angie.

5 Likes