Seven News Content and Appearance

It’s bloody ugly. Hope not.

2 Likes

Is Flashpoint still running in WA?

It was on 10am last Sunday but isn’t airing this week.

2 Likes

Latest 7 News Brisbane promo claiming to be No 1 in Qld for 17 years. Wonder what measure they’re using? If it’s all of Qld, I would’ve thought it was more than 17 years… but then I think they close the promo by saying “thank you Brisbane” (but not sure).

2 Likes

On hiatus now I believe but overall yes.

4pm news in Brisbane using the Gold Coast studio and old GC background .

Included a very rare desk interview

Weather and sport from Brisbane.

When it came to the point where there is usually a cross to the 6pm Brisbane and 5.30pm Gold Coast newsreaders for an update on tonight’s headline, Steve had to read his own.

6 Likes

I heard the promo again and they say “Thanks Brisbane for making us number one at 6pm”
which I guess 7 currently is for that half hour.

2 Likes

Caught that one tonight as well.

3 Likes

The promo is a jumble of claims - it starts by claiming 17 years as number one when talking about Queensland as a whole. Then it switches and thanks “Brisbane for making us number one at 6pm”.

See explanation:

Try explaining to a viewer that Seven is really number one for only half the bulletin when Nine starts running promos “SEQ’s number one news”. “Official”.

4 Likes

And I would’ve thought they have been No 1 in Qld much longer than 17 years? That’s only back to 2005.

Pretty sure they were clearly number one while Kay and Rod were presenting. It became much closer after they were prematurely forced onto weekends.

1 Like

Whiteout The Latest on over summer… who’s doing national updates? Sydney or Perth?

2 Likes

No Seven Gold Coast News while test cricket is on.

1 Like

Promo for the Adelaide succession posted on Fb tonight

6 Likes

Very nicely shot promo.

2 Likes

Nice promo, but I feel like Nine has a leg up on Seven now. Will feels like a weak link here. Rosanna would’ve been better off presenting solo.

11 Likes

Weird that Will is not wearing a tie.

I do not mind it. But I feel some people would not like it.

I feel like adding Will is an attempt to setup a scenario where he remains as anchor for decades to come.
Somewhat unusual in the modern era of FTA, but I don’t think it’ll have a major impact.

2 Likes

Don’t think Adelaide has come that far yet.

3 Likes