Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

You think they’d do that!!

The folks over at ATN struggling to remember which bulletins are Local and which are National, with the recent localisation of the afternoon news!:joy::joy:

4 Likes

oh lol my mistake

9 Likes

Stumbled across this “Nobody Knows News Like Seven” Promo made for TVW-7 Perth in 2001 on Friday:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/9592947/Nobody-knows-news-like-Seven

4 Likes

There was a slight error in the opener of the national Morning news today where Ann did not start speaking on cue for some reason with the headlines at the start, it was just a tad awkward and I think you could hear her shuffling papers!!

1 Like

Very much like the current Newshub promo.

3 Likes

Seven Perth has modified the logo underneath the desk, didn’t manage to cap… they have pretty much added a strap with the scrolling Seven News logo… looks weird but i guess it suits there crap virtual set

6 Likes

Desk logo: before and after.

10 Likes

Just get a new friggin set already.

13 Likes

Still looks like shit

13 Likes

Better but would look 10000% better if it was one long screen on the desk, rather than the gap in the middle.

4 Likes

Watch the viewers just roll in when word gets out.

Has the Sydney small-and-useless-changes taskforce circa 2013 made it’s way across the country?

7 Likes

It’s a shame they can add a scrolling logo to there desk but cant even add a ticker to the afternoon news :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

late to the party, but god that entire set looks shite

3 Likes

The disappointing thing is that the studio is actually really large and would fit a set nicely.

The thing is no other city on Seven uses a virtual set, so I don’t know why they even persist with it.

5 Likes

No other city on Seven shares a single set design, so in my mind, there’s really no point in building a physical set until a new national look is worked out.

7 Likes

There is only one city, one set and one news anchor that really only matters in this forum.

Sydney

Seven News Sydney Martin Place

Mark Ferguson

They definitely have to do something. In fact the whole news offering from 7 Perth is sub par. But we are always banging on about that.

2 Likes

Any further posts that breach this forum rule will be removed:

Members are free to express views on any media related subject including, but not limited to,well-reasoned support for a particular programme or network. However, posts (or parts thereof) which offer no form of meaningful insight or analysis - including unnecessary advertising for programmes or networks - may be removed.

13 Likes

I know that it has been said before, but I think Seven purposely launched their sets to be unique for each city. They have had a number of opportunities to role out a national look, like Nine, but seem to stick to this approach.

3 Likes