Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

We’re shitposting here because we think Peter Overton and Nine’s content is superior to Fergo. If he was really making us to switch, I’m sure he would be Sydney’s No.1, but unfortunately, he isn’t (yet).

8 Likes
  • they’re
4 Likes

Paint drying on a wall has a better personality than ferguson and is much more enjoyable to watch…

5 Likes

13 Likes

21 Likes

Here’s a montage of various parts of Friday’s afternoon news in Adelaide:
7 News Adelaide - Local Afternoon News 04-08-2017

There appears to be a slight audio/video sync issue in a few sections of this video but rest assured that’s not how it went to air. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think these bulletins should have a standardized naming convention

For 4pm, We have “This is 7 Sydney News” and “7 News Adelaide” in VO but the title card says “7 Afternoon news” with no Adelaide mention in text. Nothing matches. Then the EPG and listings are another thing again. “7 Afternoon News” or “7 News Afternoon Edition”

How about EPG, listings, title cards and VO all match and are consistent to:

“7 News Adelaide at 4” and “7 News Adelaide” for the flagship 6pm.

That should be how the VO is read, the title cars is and the EPG is

That would then be rolled out for each city

“7 News Queensland at 4”, “7 News Sydney at 4” etc

“This is 7 News Melbourne. At 4”

4 Likes

Agreed that there should be a standardised naming convention, but can’t help but feel that “7 News [city] at 4” sounds a bit too much of a mouthful.

I would be inclined to take the current Melbourne/QLD/Perth/old National-style “7 Afternoon News” title card (for consistent text graphics with Early and Morning News) with localised backdrops. The EPGs also need to be updated to match.

4pm and 6pm VO: “Live from our [city] headquarters, this is Seven [“Afternoon News” or “News”] with [presenters].”

Naming the city before the bulletin name just sounds a bit “tidyer”.

7 Likes

“This is Brisbane’s Seven News at Four, with Campbell Newman” sounds much better.

Then make it Brisbane’s Seven News at Six etc.

3 Likes

:mask::nauseated_face:

1 Like

Who’s Campbell Newman? Wasn’t he once Queensland’s Premier a few years ago? Kendall Gilding, a female, presents Brisbane/Queensland’s Seven News at 4

18 Likes

We are being serious here, talking about what the voiceovers for the 4PM news should be in relation to their actual presenters here, not joking around I am to believe

You’re in the wrong place if you think these forums are for serious talk 100% of the time. matlock is just having a bit of fun here.

15 Likes

Alright then I can see where you’re coming from. I’m just a very literal sort of person, that’s all. I do like to have a bit of fun from time to time too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

‘Queensland’ is preferred to ‘Brisbane’ for both Nine and Seven. The current v/o for the the afternoon news is “This is Seven News Queensland with Kendall Gilding”.

4 Likes

In the national 5PM bulletin today, Seven are still showing local Sydney weather in the ticker at the bottom of the screen, they have not altered it from their localised 4PM bulletins during the week to reflect the fact that this is a national bulletin and thus showing the capital cities as they normally would. I’m sure some Melbourne & Brisbane viewers must right now be thinking what CANT, TERR, MONA, CAMP, CAMD, HORN etc, etc are meant to mean :hushed:

5 Likes

The weather forecasts is also wrong so I think there’s a few errors going on!

Hold on. It’s fixed now. They’re showing the capitals’ weather in the ticker again now after the first commercial break thank heavens. They must have noticed their error!

2 Likes

They must be reading our comments :wink:

4 Likes