Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Happens regularly. Networks often share their breakfast TV interviews with each other and just put a bug at the top.

3 Likes

Did Robert Ovadia record the voiceover for this Xie story in the back of a moving taxi? Shocking audio.

Crazy how the networks can act like grown up in these situations, but feel the need to rip off each other’s exclusive footage and market it as their own, hence their need to slap super wide and super large watermarks on anything smelling of exclusivity.

4 Likes

@bubandbob

Right?! Well said.

I feel like a typical 7 News viewer would think more of not less, and have more respect for 7 News is that put a normal
Super up that said “Footage Courtesy: 9 News”

Rather than a giant FIRST ON 7 NEWS bug animating wcross the screen in giant letters

5 Likes

7 News now deciding to use helicopter atmos on drone pictures. Funny.

I am unsure if these have been posted before perhaps on the old forum?, here are some photos of the virtual set in Perth. I remember reading somewhere that one of the reasons why they went virtual was due to space, but if you ask me it looks like there is plenty of space to construct a proper set.

18 Likes

Is the 5pm bulletin only airing in NSW tonight? They are using the Sydney backdrop and all Sydney elements… NSW stories also dominated the opener.

4 Likes

@NewsKing was just about to post about this,yes airing in Melbourne.

1 Like

Nope airing here in Melbourne too

Hopefully it’s a sign they are doing away with that God-awful national backdrop and we’ll get a new one in coming weeks!!

3 Likes

A virtual set is probably also cheaper and more flexible than a “real” set.

7 Likes

…or maybe for whatever reason, the national backdrop(s) aren’t working today so they’re using the Sydney backdrop(s) instead?

I’m sure everyone who lives outside of Sydney will strongly disagree but personally, I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Seven regularly using the liveshot of Sydney on all their national bulletins. We all know that Seven (all networks really, but that’s beside the point) have their national news operations based in Sydney and it’s not as if the animated loop they usually use on national bulletins is anything amazing, so why not?!

5 Likes

If they ever go for a Sydney backdrop, they should do a Martin Place backdrop, and leave the Sydney backdrop for the Sydney News. Their current animated loop is horrendous if any word…

5 Likes

Because there is more to Australian than just Sydney, regardless of whether the main broadcast facilities are.

11 Likes

Ahhhh because roughly 18 million Australians live outside of Sydney. Idk about any others but to me, it would feel like the other seven cities are second rate and aren’t getting the same ‘treatment’ and ‘respect’. It would be a massive joke if that ever were to happen.

One could argue ‘it’s just a background’ but it’s more symbolic of that. In saying that, if like Sunrise, the Seven News set was right in front of a window then that would be fine. It would be stupid to spend money on displays when they have scenery there.

10 Likes

@SydneyCityTV yes us guys here who have a keen interest in the media know national bulletins come from Sydney studios ,but the average viewer wouldn’t know that.
It would just confuse some viewers in other states having the Sydney backdrop into thinking oh why are getting Sydney news tonight.
Obviously you wouldn’t mind Mr Sydney!:neutral_face:

6 Likes

Yet another current promo from Sydney:

…and because I don’t think it’s been posted yet, Sydney’s version of the “Award Winning Coverage” promo which was recorded a bit earlier:

6 Likes

From what I understand, Seven Perth’s studio is slightly larger than Nines.

As RadioHead points out, virtual sets are cheaper and more flexible than an actual set.
Nine Perth can’t fit anything else into their studio as it is filled up by the news set.
Back in 2015, Seven Perth were able to do ‘The Footy Fix’ from their new studio without any issues.

2 Likes

I hate how Seven chop and change their opener VO’s. This morning for the Early News they had the “Live from our Sydney Headquarters, this is Seven News” VO with the American voice and then “with Edwina Bartholomew” in the Aussie guys voice. Sounded terrible!
Why not just get one guy to VO all the news openers, then get him to record the names of all regular presenters?

2 Likes

Although they should have “This is Seven News Early Edition with Edwina Bartholomew” in the archives, I doubt they would have any other with Bartholomew as she rarely presents a news bulletin.