Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

If they’re going to do a late local bulletin, it needs to air Monday - Friday - not one day on, one day off, one day on, four days off

5 Likes

Opener changed up a little in Sydney this evening:

7 Likes

Everyone copying 10 these days! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Actually that’s a bit like a mix of Nine’s hard open a few days ago and of course what 10 News First was for most of last year.

4 Likes

The backdrop doesn’t look very good…

1 Like

More bulletins

Friday 27 March Tonight
09:35 PM Seven News (local) 15 minutes.

Saturday 28 March
10:10 PM Seven News (local) 30 minutes

Tuesday 31 March
11:00 PM Seven News 30 minutes

2 Likes

Great seeing local news at 9.30 in ever market. Hopefully this continues in the long run. Always thought 10 News First should have branched into this time slot, but they seem very slow in trying to bettering their product.

1 Like

The problem is very few are watching. Compared to other bulletins numbers are low and demos are no better.

Would we put that down to the lead in?

It more likely too much news in Seven’s schedule. Two hours from 6-8 then just 90 minutes later more news.

2 Likes

Not forgetting the Afternoon news from 4-5 too. While its great they are offering these services, there is a little too much over such a short period of time with a lot being rehashed and nothing new being added.

2 Likes

Over the last 4 nights, how has 7’s local 9.30 news done in comparison to other 9.30-10pm programming on 10 and 9?

Thursday for example, 7’s local 930 news was Second in time slot and a notch below mine’s offering - despite nine’s lead in of Covid news special being considerably stronger than sevens Pooch lead in.

And is it skewing older than 7’s 4pm, 6pm and 7pm offerings? Or around the same?

I ask - because Seven’s whole schedule is weak in demos.

@TV.Cynic

Too much bloody blue it’s so dark and dreary. They need to swap out the blue with white!

6-8 is too much of the same news & info, cut The Latest to 30 mins and I think it would do much better in the ratings.

4 Likes

Bit of a new graphic I haven’t seen before on an update just then.

2 Likes

Melbourne doing the 5pm bulletin again today.
Mike Amor presenting

2 Likes

Just saw a national promo with end tag “Nobody Knows News Like 7News”.

2 Likes

That tag has been around for a good 6 months at least.

4 Likes

I’ve only seen it once recently here in Brisbane.

Perth have been using it for years

2 Likes