Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Well I mean, for how many years has Mediaspy been asking for “live and local news at 9.30”? :joy:

8 Likes

Based off what I watched (the Melbourne bulletin) it focused a lot on Victoria’s lockdown and the AFL - whereas someone in (for example - Queensland) would probably want to hear more about the NRL.
Plus there was a late-night Tassie bulletin!

4 Likes

Countering Nine Brisbane promo - “Separating facts from fear”.

3 Likes

Just as tacky as 9’s effort.

3 Likes

Local 7 News again tonight at 9:35pm

09:35 PM Seven News (local)
10:05 PM Special: The Babes In The Wood Murder Rpt
11:10 PM Surveillance Oz Rpt
11:30 PM Temptation Island US S01 E11

5 Likes

Perth will be airing theres with Tim Mcmillan at around 10:15

4 Likes

7 should really be promoting their commitment to local news with bulletins at 4pm, 6pm and 9.30…
They could also run another promo about their national bulletins at 5, 11.30 and 7. Plus throughout sunrise, TMS and TDE.

2 Likes

Early News this morning:

2 Likes

Agree.

AS COVID-19 SWEEPS ACROSS BRISBANE AND SE QUEENSLAND

ONLY 7 HAS THE LATEST LOCAL NEWS AND COVERAGE

WITH 3 LIVE AND LOCAL BULLETINS FOR SE QUEENSLAND - DELIVERING THE COMMINITY NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW: at 4PM, 6PM AND NOW 9.30Pm

4 Likes

In the Sydney afternoon news today, Ann crossed to Mel McLaughlin via a split screen rather than the latter appear on the desk.

Would expect something similar on the 6:00pm bulletin tonight.

3 Likes

I think they’ve been copping flack for the appearance of lack of social distancing in some shows.

5 Likes

Amid the current crisis, are we going to see the sports segment in each bulletin all but disappear? Will shows like Sunrise cut back and just have a newsreader?

1 Like

There probably isn’t much sports news to report on so yes I’d say so.

3 Likes

…apart from the latest developments from the suspensions of the AFL and NRL seasons.

I’m also made to believe the Autumn Racing Carnival is still going ahead this weekend, so there is something for the networks to cover at least.

4 Likes

Why are bulletin reports and other segments mostly SD in VIC, QLD, SA?

2 Likes

Brisbane newsroom cross tonight

4 Likes

Not my pic, but thought this was funny :whale:

15 Likes

Morning News from Melbourne today.

2 Likes

Also on Seven Brisbane last night.

11 Likes

Even Max knows it’s wrong :joy:

3 Likes