Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Looks like I was right on the money :eyes:

Or they take notes from MediaSpy. :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

0.00000000000001% better when it’s red.

Overall it’s shit.

17 Likes

Some Perth caps from this week. They now cross to Monika for TT at the desk.
Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

6 Likes

You would think the city of Perth is sinking.

3 Likes

They finally listened and put Monika at the desk for the handover to TT.

3 Likes

While this probably goes without saying, the recently launched desk for Perth just further emphasises how Seven News has lost the plot (certainly as far as the On-Air Presentation is concerned, but overall to some extent IMO) in recent years.

I’m not totally convinced that Seven would be Australia’s #1 rated destination for TV news if it wasn’t for the strengths of Adelaide & Perth + Nine’s breakfast/mid-morning woes. Thank goodness they aren’t #1 in Sydney - when will Jason Morrison finally wake up and realise that he needs to do something about the content & Mark Ferguson?!

7 Likes

Welcome back to the forum :slight_smile:

I’d say graphics wise, Nine has lost the plot. Their graphics (especially promos) have been atrocious lately. I like Seven’s graphics but they need some consistency with their sets. (Using Melbourne as a base would be a good start - no doubt they have the best Seven News set in the country)

7 Likes

Perth last night:

4 Likes

How often does GWN7 file reports for Seven News Perth? Shauna Willis did one just then for Leavers 2019.

2 Likes

PSA: No Morning or Afternoon News bulletins tomorrow and Friday (at least) due to the cricket.

There may still be an afternoon news bulletin in Perth, though.

3 Likes

Anyone else seen a mic flag like this?

1 Like

Isn’t that the LED screen one that started getting used a year or two ago?

2 Likes

Not sure, just looked odd with the 2 slightly different fonts and sizes.

2 Likes

I don’t think they use the microphone flags with the screen anymore, I remember Seven considering that a huge technological innovation in around 2013!

4 Likes

Yes, it was widely ridiculed on here because they made such a huge deal over it and everyone was expecting a relaunch…

6 Likes

Brisbane sport from the Gabba tonight.

6 Likes

With the announcement of 9 going national at 4pm over summer, I wouldn’t be surprised if 7 follows suit.

1 Like

From memory they haven’t followed this before. The cricket will be airing anyway so half the time the news won’t even be on.

6 Likes

New promo with Sharyn and Max aired tonight during 7News

4 Likes
10 Likes