Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

This new Perth desk needs a thread of its own

7 Likes

Peter Mitchell didn’t realise he was back on air and was just seen wiping his nose with a small tissue. :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

New update ender, looks horrible as usual since that is the 7Perth style.

The more I see the desk, the more I think about how disrespectful it is to Rick and Sue as they are shoved to work in something like that. They are the reason why 7 is number 1 in news yet they work in something that looks worse than a community TV set.

10 Likes

As apposed to a large tissue?

1 Like

Imagine if it was his sleeve.

1 Like

What puzzles me is…why couldn’t of they done full screen story graphics without launching a new desk to coincide with it? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Despite that, it’s probably the only positive thing to come out of it.

As the desk is confirmed to change colour depending on the program (7NEWS or Today Tonight), I bet they’ll change it to red during ‘Breaking News’ stories.

It still makes no sense that they decided to swap out a perfectly good desk (perhaps not in design but structure wise) with one that is oversized, out of place, and does not compliment the virtual set.

3 Likes

As I understand it, they dont like each other.

Also - dont disrespect community television sets…

1 Like

I’m not quite sure about that, there has always been a rumour like that thrown around for years, but I feel it is not in case during interviews:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1090716855185027072?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1090716855185027072&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftvtonight.com.au%2F2019%2F01%2Frick-sue-34-years-on-air-together.html

Rick even gave Sue a kiss on the cheek during Perth’s Telethon last year while they were on the hosting panel a few hours before it concluded :laughing:

6 Likes

Doubt that, don’t think they would have lasted that long. 9 has tried numerous times to poach one or both of them. So if they hated each other they would leave.

3 Likes

Dont forget it’s amazing what pay packets can do.

don’t diss the Rick & Sue duo like that :triumph:

What would suggest that they dislike each other? No disrespect to you, but it just seems odd given their good chemistry behind the desk as it doesn’t feel artificial…

2 Likes

That’s a lot of good chemistry.

1 Like

I dont know if its true or not, but after this long anything is possible.

If this was Perth the tissue would be the size of a bus

4 Likes

I’m starting to warm to the new slogan.

14 Likes

Old TVW Speed Camera Location Music in full.

Credit: José Teixeira

6 Likes

The nostalgia here is REAL

3 Likes

Looks like I was right on the money :eyes:

Or they take notes from MediaSpy. :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

0.00000000000001% better when it’s red.

Overall it’s shit.

17 Likes

Some Perth caps from this week. They now cross to Monika for TT at the desk.
Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

6 Likes