Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Not bad, but I really hate seeing newsreaders in manufactured situations like having coffee with random people or tailing those people walking their dog or walking by the river etc.

Get a camera crew to follow them to a media appearance at some event that 7 have sponsored, get them in their casual attire in the community or presenting on location to drive home the local aspect.

It would come off as inherently more authentic IMO.

3 Likes

It seems to be focusing on Brisbane rather than Qld, even though it does end with “Qld’s No 1”…

3 Likes

It just doesn’t provide me with an incentive to tune in. The previous promo had much more authority with words such as “award-winning”, “commitment to putting the facts first”, “decades of experience”.

4 Likes

The Sydney promo:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1198547760204505088

1 Like

Can’t believe it’s taken me such a long time to catch up here, but with Seven Perth…

What in the world were they thinking when they changed their friggin desk without changing the hideous set? The whole setup looks amateurish with the mud-like backdrop and the desk just looks like some form of massive elephant plonked in. Are they serious about this crap? As someone who has lived in Perth and have a lot of respect for Rick and Sue, I feel sorry for them because they deserve a whole lot better from Seven, appearance-wise.

The sad thing is, that desk would’ve looked great if they put a screen in front and they had a decent real set to go along with it. The only good thing it’s useful for is for MS to make memes and mocks based off it. It’s so bad it’s hilarious.

Can’t Seven put in some actual effort into their appearance and their programming for once. Why can’t they do anything right?

7 Likes

Which Seven Melbourne ripped off Nine Melbourne…

3 Likes

“Nobody Knows Sydney like Seven News” - what an original promo idea…if you ignore the fact that essentially the same slogan was used by them during the Early-Mid 1990s!

At the risk of sounding like a TCN fanboy (although in reality, I’m far from one) I’d personally argue that when it comes to the ratings, Nobody Knows Sydney like Nine News! :wink:

I would actually go as far as saying that the current Seven News Perth set is an insult to the longserving presenters. And yes, I’d probably be saying much the same thing if Nine News did something like this in Sydney or Melbourne.

When will Seven News Sydney finally realise that to overtake Nine in the ratings, they need to provide viewers with a stronger point of difference (ie, more than just the weather coverage)?

2 Likes

It was used in Melbourne in the 80s

lol

4 Likes

At a time when Nine News (and Ten News for that matter) were thumping Seven News in the ratings in Sydney and Melbourne.

2 Likes

Perth had a special opening tonight regarding the Claremont Serial Killings trial.

1 Like

Do you or anyone have any screen caps of this opener? I missed the news this evening in Perth. Thanks.

2 Likes

3 Likes

The OB at the court is 10000x better than the set.

Maybe they should move the set to the court :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Why do they need to have these stupidly long VOs? Surely Rick could’ve just said his location during his introduction?

I know what that reminds me of!

“This is Seven News with Angela Tsun in Perth, and Rick Ardon reporting live from Melbourne, on what is a historic day for the West Coast Eagles.”

7 Likes

There was a new “exclusive” bug here in the top left in Melbourne tonight. Screenshot from Twitter.

6 Likes

It was also seen Perth tonight but not from a local story.

Also used on a story in Brisbane last night

Adelaide and Perth news set to adopt the east coast 60 min format from Monday 2nd December:

6 Likes

Wow, this is huge media news.

One wonders what the end of Today Tonight will mean for presenters Monika Kos and Rosanna Mangiarelli - will they continue to have a role with Seven News in their respective markets or leave the network for something else?

Either way, it’s the end of an era. Bad for anyone losing their jobs, but in a way good because it means two less tabloid current affairs programs on the air. Now for ACA to go the same way!