Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Another that has never been seen in perth

It is more readable yes, but unfortunately it is the wrong colour again! How long until the new 7 news bug is also made blue? :confused:

Also an Adelaide traffic report from the afternoon news - why are there two 7news bugs?

5 Likes

Quote Statement in the new style graphics package on Perth tonight:

Good to see there already updating them.

4 Likes

This (capped from tonight’s Seven News Sydney, of course) appears to be new as well:

However, they were still using the old style generic “Return From Break” Sting on Night 3! * facepalm *

3 Likes

Just got a ‘have a great night’ sign off in Perth. Guess it’s better than nothing.

3 Likes

Some other caps I got during Sport:

New Sponsor Title-card:

Updated OzLotto Result Card:

Older Sports graphics still being used (Helvetica and the Eurostile/Square font) as well as the virtual set title-card graphics:

And this flattering picture of Rick and Sue I got just before the Ad break. I thought it was nice so I decided to share :slight_smile:

And… Just as I was typing this, Rick and Sue finally did a proper sign off! Rick said “Thanks for your company” then Sue said “Now its back to the Olympic Coverage with In Rio Today” followed by Rick saying “Have a great night”!

16 Likes

Why is it Sooooo important that our news team say F… Good night.Time to move on please!!!

1 Like

Because its bloody annoying???!!

No. They should do it.

2 Likes

I don’t mind it that much, I just find it kind of interesting there’s no proper sign-off. It’s not like my life isn’t complete without one :stuck_out_tongue: Some MediaSpy viewers including me, do care about a proper sign-off :slight_smile: During Nightly updates, they usually say, “Enjoy your evening here on Seven.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While it doesn’t particularly bother me whether or not the presenters do a proper sign-off at the end of the bulletin either, simple things like “Good Evening” and “Goodnight” do actually mean something when you’re trying to build a connection with viewers.

Although since it’s Seven Perth, Rick & Sue could probably end their bulletins by saying “Go f*** yourself Perth” Ron Burgundy-style and still smash Nine in the ratings! :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

I really don’t see it as a big deal. You want viewers to keep watching whatever is coming up next. Go to that as quickly as possible.

MediaSpy Quote of the Year? :joy: :thumbsup:

Nine News Perth would then copy Seven News and tell Perth they’re all a “bunch of mother f***ers” but end up being taken off air.

12 Likes

Would anyone in Perth notice?

9 Likes

Heck, from the sounds of it, Seven News Perth could advertise Nine News Perth left, front and center, and it still wouldn’t work :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

They must have a REALLY bad weather presenter at Nine in Perth :blush:

1 Like

Bahaha REKT

But they do actually have an average former model weather presenter.

split this to the Rio Olympics thread if need be

Did I just see a Seven News promo… With Bruce McAvaney of all people!?

Essentially telling Melbourne how good Peter Mitchell & the team are, etc? [In the Rio studio]

Cringeworthy :persevere:

1 Like

In regards to the Traffic Reports, ATN are no longer getting sponsorship for ones airing on the Seven Network.

(e.g.) In Melbourne at least, Sunrise & Afternoon News (last week) just had “Sunrise” & blank respectively on the graphic.

Where an advertisement/company name would usually go.

And a longer traffic report audio, not having to read out an ad.

The blue name super is being used in Sydney updates. I also saw it on the national one last night.

4 Likes