Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

The tweaks have begun! Wonder what else will change if any? Maybe themselves are getting sick of the overload of blue :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Does anyone have a video of a full Seven News Sydney update and a Late News National update? Location and time constraints mean I can’t view these.

I’d love see how they look with these refreshed graphics. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m waiting for the 7 news bug to change to blue. Last week it wouldn’t have even crossed my mind as a possibility, but now… :confused:

3 Likes

I personally really liked the other name supers which were based on the headline style

8 Likes

Or a fully white bug…

2 Likes

I can understand why the name supers were tweaked. The “headline” style ones were a bit difficult to read, even in HD!

Here’s something else new, using the time on live crosses:

…and finally, Seven News Sydney have replaced the old generic (ie, not the ones where they do different locations every night) “Return From Break” sting with a newer one:

5 Likes

Yep, they’ve been doing that in Sydney since Monday though it seems patchier in other cities. Very NBC-esque, though the bug itself is WAY too big/solid (especially when they add the location underneath).

1 Like

Another tweak tonight in Adelaide with Sport presented from a standing position and new ots graphics.

I noticed the time being used on crosses to Rio on Monday night, but I’m pretty sure that tonight was the first I saw of it on standard live crosses around Sydney (there was a cross to the Opera House just after the one to State Parliament and that also had the time as part of the “LIVE” super).

Also, I wonder if/when they’ll change the headline/break playout supers to match the others?

I notice Seven News Melbourne uses a grey rolling bar tonight to show changes to AFL teams for this round of matches, but it runs out of time to show all the ins and outs before the Olympics wrap comes in. Does the bulletin uses rolling graphics to show player changes before this week’s revamp?

Ah fair enough, I must be thinking of a cap from the Melbourne or Adelaide bulletins.

Tonight’s sports graphics aren’t new, first used around March before the gradual roll out of the new national graphics, but they are only used when AFL news features. I personally think they look terrible.

Posted in March:

And tonight:

3 Likes

Here is a cap of the tweak tonight from Seven News Adelaide.

The bulletin also played the Kyle Chalmers race 3 times in the 30 minute bulletin.

1 Like

We got to see the website graphic (but obviously with the Sydney address, of course) at the end of a report on our news on Monday night…

1 Like

Since Perth’s Virtual Set has the previous Seven News title-cards seen in the background, that kinda makes the set outdated. Wonder if the Perth set will get an update? Not a major one, just to update the background with the newer title-cards and the desk graphic with the new font logo.

2 Likes

Better yet would be Seven News Perth getting an actual new set, but realistically I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if the now-outdated backdrop is still in use after the next graphics relaunch! :confused:

3 Likes

Some other updated Sport graphics:

Updated Sport OTS Graphics with new font:

AFL Team Status updated:

And two rare occurrences in two nights! The virtual set had a bit of a stuff up blooper, with the set moving side to side while Rick and Sue were saying that FuelWatch and Weather was next! :joy: They handled it very well, making light of it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sydney’s latest News Update supers:

For those wondering, the weather element is a flipper that’s on for most of the update and has two locations at a time. Examples I saw included Campbelltown/Liverpool, Bondi/Penrith, Katoomba/Richmond, Gosford/Terry Hills and City/Parramatta as seen in the 2nd cap.

4 Likes

New look is fu*king awful.

Time to get serious. What do u think about the new graphics update :stuck_out_tongue:

• Absolutely horrible
  • Worse than before
  • Better than before but still not great
  • The best damn graphics package on Aussie TV
  • Prefer not to say because I’m scared how MediaSpy will react

0 voters

4 Likes