Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

They’re clearly not meant to represent accurate populations, as both Cairns and Darwin are brighter than Townsville despite both being smaller in population.

1 Like

You mean it’s not drawn to scale?!??!? :open_mouth:

Ok, this graphics refresh isn’t too bad, it’s starting to grow on me especially the full screen graphics. If it wasn’t for the inconsistencies with the colours, I think it’s okay for the time being. Add a red accent to the supers like the OST graphics, and it should make it a bit better. :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

[quote=“Biscuit45, post:1920, topic:103, full:true”]
New FuelWatch and Weather Graphics. Got as many caps as I could get:

They definitely are! been months since someone said Good Night on TVW7!

Yes, some elements of this package look good.

Overall, still very messy compared with every other network. Not to mention the horrible virtual set, and garish title card used in Perth.

4 Likes

Yea I’m starting to grow on the package more.

1 Like

Sydney and Gold Coast updated their Facebook page graphics.

4 Likes

Seven News Adelaide has switched their DP on Twitter to the new one:

EDIT: …and also Seven News Queensland:

Another promo for Seven News Sydney, featuring Bruce McAvaney:

Incase you’re wondering where the montage of last night’s Seven News Sydney is, I’m working on that! :wink:

Also, some additional commentary: Sydney’s new titlecard contains night time footage. While that might be good now during Winter when Sunset happens by 6pm, one would really like to hope that there will be a daytime/DST-friendly version of Sydney’s titlecard in about eight weeks time when we start getting Sunsets at 7pm and later…

2 Likes

Does anyone have caps of Perth? Or can link them to me.

As promised, here’s the Mega Montage of last night’s Seven News Sydney. Recorded from the HD channel, so you can see just which elements are in native HD and which ones are still in upconverted SD:

7 Likes

I wish the headlines/coming up used the text size of the titles which stack on top of each other…BUT…Only use one line of text and not stacked on top of each other!

Seven News Perth now using the new look social media DP:

With all five metro markets covered + the Gold Coast, that now leaves only the regional Queensland bulletins who are left to switch over. But I daresay that they’ll probably wait until fully rolling out the new look on TV before doing that.

3 Likes

Watching that montage of last nights Sydney bulletin and I personally can’t see what all the dislike for Mark Ferguson is about, I’ve got more of an issue with plenty of other presentation elements - namely the snoozefest mission theme, those goddam 80’s scan lines, inconsistent supers & oversized headline titles, various set elements but in particular that stupidly small sunrise ‘weather’ screen Brown uses than I do with his presenting style.

1 Like

Seven’s presentation is messy all over the country yet it doesn’t prevent them from winning nationally. No other city sees the same slaughtering that Seven sees on a nightly basis in Sydney - clearly there is more to the problem here than inconsistent graphics or a boring jingle.

Seven could have the slickest package in the world and it still wouldn’t be enough to overcome Mark’s awkwardness behind the desk.

5 Likes

I completely agree.

I’ll comment more about this in the Presenters & Reporters thread, but it’s quite obvious that the Sydney market has a preference to Hendo/Climpson/Roscoe/Overton style of newsreading rather than the Mark Ferguson style of newsreading.

3 Likes

Afternoon News

12 Likes

I like the style of the ticker but it is too short with the weather there (which is a pretty pointless addition anyway, would prefer to see a proper weather update (not just a “preview”) every fifteen minutes throughout the bulletin instead).

4 Likes

The updated ticker looks a lot more nicer than the previous one. Kudos to them for that :+1: That red line divider is kinda hard to see. I think they should brighten up the blue a tad, as well as the red. The new package kinda has a NBC Nightly News feel to it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Opener

11 Likes

I’d hope they will update the background sometime eventually, as that seems to be the last remnant from the previous package. Maybe a daytime version of the National title-card?

2 Likes