Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Finance looks great. Does Perth normally get finance updates? Seems a long time ago.

1 Like

New MoneyWatch Graphics. They look very nice.

The Return of the Commodities showcase.

Statistics are now from Yahoo!7 Finance rather than The West as previously.

7 Likes

Blue looks good in fullscreens, the blue supers aren’t bad, they just look out of place with rest of appearance.

4 Likes

I think the supers need an accent colour of red, like the OST graphics.

1 Like

It is nice to see that the update titlecards are localised now.

7 Likes

We might get to see Rick and Sue sign off again tonight :scream: [with no TT].

3 Likes

I was just thinking the same thing!

2 Likes

In hindsight, there are some genuine improvements in the graphics (like the “Don’t Miss” graphics, the ones that Seven News Sydney used prior to tonight were of Powerpoint-quality!) but I’m certainly not particularly impressed how all the different elements were drawn out over several months.

If Seven aimed for a single date for the entire package including new theme music, new sets in every market and possibly even the launch of the Gold Coast bulletin (quite a lot to ask for I know, but do-able if planned well in advance I’m sure), I think Seven News’ current On-Air Presentation would’ve been far better received.

I was wondering why the “Australian Dollar” bit of Seven’s refreshed Finance graphics looked very familiar, then it came to me! :wink:

7 Likes

The only thing that looks similar is the perspective wrap seaign, other than that no similarities between the two.

3 Likes

Ahh. It was like all was right in the world again. :yum:

1 Like

New FuelWatch and Weather Graphics. Got as many caps as I could get:

And the Copyright Closer for what it’s worth:

It appears Seven Perth management are allergic to a “Good Night” or something, as one as not evident tonight! Rick said that was Seven News for Tonight, and Sue said “In Rio Today” would continue now.

5 Likes

New national update opener in use in Sydney tonight:

And there is something wrong with the text in the supers as well (you can’t really see it in this cap off the live stream but there was clear ghosting on the TV in HD):

9 Likes

Really!!!

Are you talking about the sign off?

I am

Ok. Well it’s another 2 weeks of this, so maybe the closer will differ each day to prevent sounding repetitive?

Probably something to with how the News Updates are only recorded in SD before being upconverted to HD again?! That’s another thing, I’d like to see a few technical upgrades at Seven News so more elements of the news can be seen in native HD. Then again, maybe I’m just getting far too used to watching Nine News Sydney in HD!

While I’m at it, some better caps (allbeit, SD only because that’s how the updates are shown!) of the new generic/national News Update Opener:

It’ll be very interesting to see if that’s the generic backdrop for all national bulletin titlecards. While I think it works great for evening news updates and maybe would also work well as an Early News titlecard, I couldn’t imagine that very “night” background working well for the Morning/Afternoon News titlecards which both air at times of day which are in completely broad daylight. Then again, Nine News seems to use the same rather “daytime” style generic national titlecard at all timeslots so perhaps Seven might run that sort of titlecard for all national bulletins!

6 Likes

Ok… That national opener does look very nice. I’ll give them points for that

11 Likes

Every time I see a blue Australian map I think of WIN Network.

Gold is just tacky too.

9 Likes

If those ‘bright spots’ on the new National News Update opener are meant to represent populations…

They’re taking up most of VIC & 1/3 of NSW :confused:

2 Likes