Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Nope :joy: Was posted on their Facebook page. Never seen them use that font variation before

2 Likes

7 News Gold Coast is being broadcast on 7HD after all but unfortunately is an SD up conversion

5 Likes

While I only caught about half of Seven News at Five, only the studio cameras & VizRT graphics of the bulletin (and all Sydney-based bulletins I suspect) were in native HD from what I saw. A few caps, for what they’re worth:

Quite possibly the worlds most obviously chroma keyed backdrop:

…and not that you needed any further evidence, but HD graphics also prove why Seven News really need to update their bulletin closing super:

While I’m not surprised, that’s quite slack for a bulletin that was only launched a few weeks ago. While the studio camera quality looks OK-ish, the quality of the graphics is almost as bad as it is on Nine News Queensland IMO! :confused:

3 Likes

Seven News Queensland - all SD, even the clips from Rio coverage. Supers look very poor - compare the Olympic rings watermark (top right in the final image) to the 7 news Olympic rings (bottom right). Video looks worse than still images.

8 Likes

…and here’s some caps of Seven News Sydney’s HD elements:

These newer transition graphics don’t really compress well! :confused:

As I mentioned before, it’s only really studio cameras and live VizRT/Weatherscape XT graphics that are in native HD with the rest being upconverted SD (with some bits having shocking picture quality, I might add). On/near par with what Ten have in HD on their Sydney/national bulletins, but nowhere near the amount of HD you’d see on Nine News Sydney.

7 Likes

Similar promo has just aired in Brisbane featuring Sharyn and Bill.

3 Likes

Ferguson has absolutely no authority and that promo makes it glaringly obvious.

Saw a 9am 7news update with Sally Bowrey…
Very minor detail, but was the bottom line of text on the info strap in a new font?

1 Like

Graphic not seen in many markets

3 Likes

Just saw the Melbourne version of the latest Seven News promo.

Peter Mitchell is in the ‘virtual studio’ (although is it actually virtual, he didn’t really fly to Sydney to record that?)

“The news of Australia’s #1 network” or something LOL

2 Likes

If the Olympic set is virtual, why the hell couldn’t they use the same template for Seven News Perth!

2 Likes

The set looked virtual from first caps but now that I have seen it on air I don’t think it is virtual…The throws to the olympic updates etc makes me think it is real.

3 Likes

I think the spinning ring at the top with the 7 logos and text looks virtual.

2 Likes

…and on the flipside, Seven News Sydney actually beat Nine News Sydney in the ratings by a healthy margin last night and on Friday night.

Of course it’s probably an Olympics thing, but I’d personally like to see Seven News get some more regular wins in Sydney on Friday and Saturday nights here in Sydney because Seven’s presenting team on those two nights is far better than the Sunday-Thursday presenting lineup of Seven News Sydney!

2 Likes

Gold Coast news from yesterday on the 7HD channel for the first time

They have been using it for at least 3 months

Considering 7’s news was at 4.30

1 Like

Also Katrina’s first bulletin. On that note, it was nice to see former Ten News Reporter Matt Howard presenting sport.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1763, topic:103”]
I’d personally like to see Seven News get some more regular wins in Sydney on Friday and Saturday nights here in Sydney
[/quote] I don’t because I like Georgie Gardner, but I can see why people would.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1763, topic:103”]
Seven’s presenting team on those two nights is far better than the Sunday-Thursday presenting lineup of Seven News Sydney!
[/quote] Bar David Brown of course!

[quote=“WATV, post:1766, topic:103, full:true”]
Considering 7’s news was at 4.30
[/quote] Explains it.

1 Like

And 7 news will be at 5.30 tonight

2 Likes

Rio tally graphic

1 Like